Primal Best in Slot Project

.kurthos

Primal Best in Slot Project

#1 » Post by .kurthos » 24 Feb 2016 02:26

The intent of this project is to create and keep up to date a list of items which are best in slot for each tier of content to educate new players to the server how they should itemize. We plan on creating a list of gear for each tier of content and for each class/spec. Note this list is heavily based on my opinions for this server and what knowledge I have about Vanilla. If you disagree or find a mistake, feel free to correct or add to the list.

Hopefully, you will use this guide to better understand the itemization differences of this server and your typical Vanilla Server.

DISCLAIMER: By definition "Best in Slot" means the best item that can be worn for that slot of gear. This means you should base your itemization on your gear set as a whole. The items listed out perform other items when compared in a vacuum.

Druid -

* Bear- Not Yet Implemented
* Cat - Not Yet Implemented
* Resto - Not Yet Implemented
* Balance - Not Yet Implemented

Hunter -

* Not Yet Implemented

Mage -

* Pre BiS added
* T1 - NYI
* T2 - NYI
* T2.5 - NYI
* T3 - NYI

Paladin -

* Holy - Not Yet Implemented
* Prot - Not Yet Implemented
* Ret - Not Yet Implemented

Priest -

* Shadow - Not Yet Implemented
* Disc/Holy - Not Yet Implemented

Rogue -

* Dagger - Not Yet Implemented
* Sword - Not Yet Implemented

Shaman -

* Enhance - Not Yet Implemented
* Elemental - Not Yet Implemented

Resto:
* Pre BiS added
* T1 added (Ony, MC, ZG, Azuregos, Kazzak)
* T2 - NYI
* T2.5 - NYI
* T3 - NYI

Warlock -

* Pre BiS added
* T1 - NYI
* T2 - NYI
* T2.5 - NYI
* T3 - NYI

Fury Warrior:

* Pre BiS added
* T1 - NYI
* T2 - NYI
* T2.5 - NYI
* T3 - NYI

Prot Warrior:

* Pre BiS added
* T1 - NYI
* T2 - NYI
* T2.5 - NYI
* T3 - NYI
Last edited by Guest on 27 Feb 2016 18:19, edited 6 times in total.

oooooooooolde
Donor

Re: Primal Best in Slot Project

#2 » Post by oooooooooolde » 24 Feb 2016 08:21

Great initiative, but horribly flawed dps warrior gear :) Wouldn't advise anybody to gear after this list.

As a 1h fury your first goal should be hitting the 8% hitcap. This is easily done with Lionheart/titanic leggings + 1 more randon hit from items, and ofc 3/3 precision.

Further stacking hit is effectively gimping yourself due to diminished return on hitrating and itemizing after AP/crit is worth more - especially considering raidbuffs stacking with these stats. Getting free hit from upgrades is nice, but should in no way be itemized so heavily as your list suggests.

Next up should be getting a decent MH. Preraid bis is probably Persuader, but as a general rule you will want a slow weapon with high damage.

Currently working on a video :)

.kurthos

#3 » Post by .kurthos » 24 Feb 2016 09:37

If you're only itemizing towards 8% hit, you'll be facing the crit cap with full consumes, raid, and world buffs. In addition, there isn't a true diminishing return on hit as there is with lets say something like dodge rating; dual wield white hit cap is 27%. Some item slots have no alternatives without hit at a pre raid level unless you want me to include PvP items. One can spec out of 3% hit if they feel like they are over capping hit.

Obviously, this guide isn't to be followed at your personal detriment. This is meant to give players a direction towards gearing when they would otherwise have none.

I do concede that want a slow weapon because of %AP Bonuses from a slower weapon and many abilities being based around weapon damage, but the formula for a weapons topend is based on its speed and item level which is why I've included Ebon Hand. Ironfoe could be included as well. Most of these items perform fairly similar to each other.

If you have suggestions for the list, please include them.

Dunkelstein

#4 » Post by Dunkelstein » 24 Feb 2016 10:25

I made a list for useful pre-raid hunter items in the hunter sub forum viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17088
It's not an 'Absolute Best Pre Raid Gear' list for reasons I stated in the post, but I tried to include all of the best drops and some reasonable alternatives.
You can pick and choose according to your spec, a specific encounter you're having trouble with or just your own preference etc.
Part of education is learning to think on your own, afterall ^_^
Can't deny that those lists will be useful for new people and future alts, though, so thanks for that! :]
Aka Funkelstein

.majstorfanta

#5 » Post by .majstorfanta » 24 Feb 2016 10:41

very nice kurthos, should be sticky when it is done

.kurthos

#6 » Post by .kurthos » 24 Feb 2016 12:17

Dunkelstein wrote:I made a list for useful pre-raid hunter items in the hunter sub forum viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17088
It's not an 'Absolute Best Pre Raid Gear' list for reasons I stated in the post, but I tried to include all of the best drops and some reasonable alternatives.
You can pick and choose according to your spec, a specific encounter you're having trouble with or just your own preference etc.
Part of education is learning to think on your own, afterall ^_^
Can't deny that those lists will be useful for new people and future alts, though, so thanks for that! :]
I plan on using your guide as a reference :)

Zheromer

#7 » Post by Zheromer » 24 Feb 2016 13:52

for druids, add feral and feral tank as two diff. They can use same gear but that would be bad for one or both. Not horrible but bad :)

.kurthos

#8 » Post by .kurthos » 24 Feb 2016 16:43

I added Cat, but I'll need info regarding what is decent for them when it comes to trinkets/procs. I haven't seen enough cat druids around to support a list for them. If you could show me some data (screenshots of damage breakdowns, etc) to support this list I would appreciate it.

Glonz

#9 » Post by Glonz » 24 Feb 2016 18:00

Quick fact: the D2 legs on your Warrior Tank list (the ones better than Deathbone legs) are not obtainable because Sothos & Jarien (strat live D2 bosses) don't spawn the loot chest atm (it's bugged or whatever). This goes for any other pieces as well that are from this D2 boss.

On another note, I'm thinking about contributing to this list as well... if you haven't started the one for rogues yet, that is.

Relevant

#10 » Post by Relevant » 24 Feb 2016 18:08

This post makes me like Kurthos again!

Dunkelstein

#11 » Post by Dunkelstein » 25 Feb 2016 17:39

kurthos wrote:
I plan on using your guide as a reference :)
No objections there, it was meant as a resource for exactly that ^^
Aka Funkelstein

Swaggerboyzar

#12 » Post by Swaggerboyzar » 25 Feb 2016 19:49

Relevant wrote:This post makes me like Kurthos again!
Too bad nobody likes you.

Relevant

#13 » Post by Relevant » 25 Feb 2016 20:04

Good work!
Last edited by kaykobra on 25 Feb 2016 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Swaggerboyzar

#14 » Post by Swaggerboyzar » 25 Feb 2016 20:06

Relevant wrote:
Swaggerboyzar wrote:
Relevant wrote:This post makes me like Kurthos again!
Too bad nobody likes you.
Everyone likes me! Except for Prime...
Moved to Off-Topic

.kurthos

#15 » Post by .kurthos » 26 Feb 2016 01:58

Resto Shaman implemented