rare mobs - rare drops?

.fadeing

rare mobs - rare drops?

#1 » Post by .fadeing » 31 Jul 2015 12:39

Hi

i wasnt sure if this the right spot , so please move thread if its not in the right spot :)

Anyone ever noticed that rare mobs drops nothing ? On retail every rare mob dropped something, that why it was exciting to find a rare and hunt it down . Now i find a rare mob and i feel like.... why should i be botherd with it ? -.- i wont get anything special anyway....

Can this be fixed? So that rare mobs for example from 5-20 drop a green something from 20-60 drop some interesting blues?

:) its just a minor thing but still part of the game feeling and i really miss it , i think others miss it too

Thanks

fadeing

Nyeriah

Re: rare mobs - rare drops?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Jul 2015 14:47

Actually no, right now, yes, but at vanilla rare mobs weren't granted to drop something at all.

.fadeing

#3 » Post by .fadeing » 01 Aug 2015 13:41

allright , i just mentioned :)

lanrien

#4 » Post by lanrien » 20 Aug 2015 10:44

Feels kinnda "bad" that I kill a rare mob, like the giant guy in burning steppes which also has 40k hp I think? And requires some tactics to kill (not too many, but hey), then he doesn't drop anything worth mentioning.

Always felt like it was a flaw, also the rest of "normal" rare mobs should at least guarantee a green item and 2xchances of that mob type loot table, since he's rare and only 1, might as well...

Papichullo

#5 » Post by Papichullo » 20 Aug 2015 10:51

Yeah! Gief loot! ^_^

.Tomerant

#6 » Post by .Tomerant » 20 Aug 2015 11:16

Not sure why Nyeriah responded the way she did, cuz rare mobs in vanilla had loot.
Some rare elites don't have some special loot at all, some do.

Examples: Sludge Beast is rare but has no drops at all. Akubar the Seer also rare which has no drops. There are many other examples of rare without drops at all or they just drop some random greens like Narillasanz.

However, Vultros drops Talon of Vultros and Feathered Cape
Lost Soul drops Wispy Cloak
Some other elites drops amazing items for 10-19 bracket, which some people from Call to Arms already have.
I'll save that info for possible 10-19 gearing guide in future.

Vanilla rares have drops, they work on this server.
Check this Rare mobs by zone article on WowWiki and scroll down to vanilla zones. Pretty much all drops are working, I've tested many mobs and their drop is just as it should be.

EDIT: one of the most popular vanilla rare elites in early stages of leveling is Miner Johnson from Deadmines. He drops Miner's Cape and Gold-plated Buckler.