In- Depth paladin guide for raiders/soloer's

.renjiowns

In- Depth paladin guide for raiders/soloer's

#1 » Post by .renjiowns » 18 Jun 2015 01:17

Whiteglint here, with the recent influx of players and paladins coming to the server i figured it might be helpful to go over the viable paladin specs in the current build, their pro's, con's, and uses. Lets begin shall we?

The Standard Healing paladin

The standard holy paladin focusing on pure mana gain and hps through heavy ambient crit as well as keeping hand of salvo up on targets. You could take away several points from sanctity of battle and put it into purifying power for more dispel strength. Definately the strongest spec for pure hps focus with okay solo potential with Seal of Command. I reccomend this for ALL healing hopefuls unless theres a reason to take prot points which will be outlined below. 5/5

HolyProt pally

A much weaker spec in terms of healing for a slight increase in overall survivability and party save potential. I dont reccomend it, but its another spec that *can* be looked into. 1/5

There is a solo/tank build for a paladin should wish to get your hands a little more dirty.

The Ret/prot sanctuary din.

Pardon the terrible quality, just click the image to zoom in and see which talent points i've selected. At any rate this build focuses on high Survivability with okay cleave damage with Retribution aura, Seal of Command, and Holy shield. It has minor mana regen due to blessing of sanctuary. Divine sacrifice is taken for raid/party survival and nothing else. If you wanna tank/solo and be tanky then this is a build more suited to that. This is also a solo grinding build that focuses on different things compared to the holy paladin build. 4/5

The stupid shit you shouldnt do or be aware of.

I will fucking shiv you if you think full ret is a viable choice. It's not, its not worth putting all 31 points into, points are wasted. I reccomend 20-21 points for Sanctified retribution and leave it at that. The crit and Seal of command will be enough damage to get through the leveling process and the 3% to all allies will carry over into party/raids.

Well thats it for now, below will be a changelog as i figure things out/change/ and add things to this guide. Enjoy primal everyone!
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

.renjiowns

Re: In- Depth paladin guide for raiders/soloer's

#2 » Post by .renjiowns » 18 Jun 2015 01:18

Reserved.

Changelog 1: Initial post, several builds, and how i rate them.
Whiteglint
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

Kylex

#3 » Post by Kylex » 09 Jul 2015 11:59

The 1st 2 images have been removed; would you mind reuploading please? I really want to use this guide ^_^

.Felix

#4 » Post by .Felix » 10 Jul 2015 02:53

How do you find mana usage/regen with that ret/prot build?
Only at lvl32 at the moment, I went to get SoC first for AoE threat, but a constantly starving for mana (Consecrate is a thirsty thirsty spell!) since the %mana on receiving heal is now so far down the talent tree - would have thought speccing into that instead of so many extra points into the ret tree would have worked better - does Blessing of Sanc provide enough on its own?

.Exin

#5 » Post by .Exin » 13 Jul 2015 16:53

Thank you for this guide! Definitely a bit getting using to with the vanilla/wotlk sort of mashup.

shibli09

#6 » Post by shibli09 » 01 Aug 2015 00:39

Felix wrote:How do you find mana usage/regen with that ret/prot build?
Only at lvl32 at the moment, I went to get SoC first for AoE threat, but a constantly starving for mana (Consecrate is a thirsty thirsty spell!) since the %mana on receiving heal is now so far down the talent tree - would have thought speccing into that instead of so many extra points into the ret tree would have worked better - does Blessing of Sanc provide enough on its own?
Blessing of Sanc is absolutely fucking mandatory if you want to lvl as prot. The more mobs you pull, the more mana you get back, ussually 2-3+ mobs and I never go oom. Pair it up with Seal of Wisdom and Judgement of Wisdom.

Xassis2

#7 » Post by Xassis2 » 02 Aug 2015 16:11

What stats should I prioritize as a Holy Pally? Mp5, crit, Int, SP, etc.

shibli09

#8 » Post by shibli09 » 02 Aug 2015 17:23

Xassis2 wrote:What stats should I prioritize as a Holy Pally? Mp5, crit, Int, SP, etc.
From what I've seen and heard from other pallies and for healers in general, mp5 is THE most important stat. Fuck all over mp5.

As for int vs crit I think both are kind of equal and then SP should be after those 2 and spirit is absolutely shit, like completely worthless as a stat for paladins.

For int vs crit imo I would go for crit over int just because we get mana back from critting when we heal. However intellect in this patch I belive gives us bigger mana pool, crit, and spell power? So it's still a very good stat to have.

I would like to see some other paladins who have raided here more often comment and correct me if I am wrong but I think the start priority should be :

Mp5 > crit > intellect > spell power > spirit

Etro
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Etro » 02 Aug 2015 18:09

Really nice guide. I specially like the ret/prot spec. Although, I'm afraid you'd shiv me as I did use a full ret spec for leveling :P

Also, btw, we have 2 talents calculators in our website. I particularly like the one from our armory, made by our dev Nuko.

For example, your holy spec: http://www.truewow.org/armory/talentcal ... ,0,0,0,0,0
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"