The Ultimate InDepth Guide to level 19 character

Arraj

The Ultimate InDepth Guide to level 19 character

#1 » Post by Arraj » 21 Jun 2014 00:50

Ok, now go grab a cup of coffee or some snack cuz' this is gonna be a huge post.

Table of content:
1. 19s on TrueWoW
2. "why would you make a lv19 character"
3. Race/Class combinations
4. Gear lists
5. Enchanting suggestions
6. Professions
7. "Secret" and rarely seen stuff

Wont include glyphs cuz it's pretty much "obvious" what to do with them and what spells to improve since on 19 you can use only 1 major and minor glyph.
Also I think it's your personal choice what will your do with your talent points. We all have our style of play and I respect anyone's ways. With only 10 talent points to spend I dont think there is much space for mistakes. Just read carefully each talent and choose those which are fitting your playing style.

Some terms you might not be familiar with:
agm = Arena Grand Master
BiS = Best In Slot, item that you will probably never replace
lb = Lifeblood

1. 19s ON TRUE WOW

Note for those who are reading this and are not part of TW community:
TrueWoW is simply great server even if you just want to play as 19lv on it. Reason for that is vote shop which contains heirloom items (it's the only gear you can get in shop btw) so you dont need to have lv80 to be full geared lv19 twink. If you vote at least once per day you can get 1 heirloom item per month. All quests are working so your BiS quest rewards can be obtained too. If you join one of existing guild and make some good friends even expensive enchants wont be a problem. Most of them you will get totaly free.
10-19 battleground is very active. You get dungeon runs in less than 10mins after queueing for one. As one of our players mentioned on openwow lists: "I got more dungeons here than on retail."

General state of 10-19 bracket on TW:
Every side has it's guilds made specificly for that bracket. Warsong Gulch actually feels like battleground mostly because we managed to develop a huge rivalism against each other. We have respect for our "virtual enemies", we plan stuff together, share ideas and "secrets" (which will be revealed here) but sometimes well, actually many times, during the casual converstation we end up fighting over "who dominates the grounds" and that just adds more passion for next battleground. Warsong Gulch in 19s is more than just anonther battleground. Why? Well 19lv population is smaller than 80s but still big enough to make "army" on each side. We basicly all know each other and if you leave battleground, for example, you will end up labeled as leaver on opposite faction and next bg you get in you will get like /chicken emotes all over you. Yells and emotes are all over the bg all the time. It really feels like battleground and it's one things that I never had on any server I ever played.

Usually people are: "I'll just leave, i dont like to be farmed etc etc". But in our bracket most 19s are like: "Cmon!! Push them back! Buff me ffs and stay away from damn hunter's range and heal me!!" Point is that people mostly dont give up here, we rage in chat on each other in bgs but as soon as bg ends we are like: "sorry man... i got pissed off. Requeue, payback time!" Can't really tell how alliance act in such occasions but on horde side this is pretty much it.

So we covered a bit of "19s flavor" on our server, now lets see what makes lv19 so much fun

2. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE LV19 CHARACTER

Simple: CHALLENGE!
You start with nothing and you end up with little = chalange. True fun about 19s is making something out of nothing. Many people say that its 2 button smashing bracket and it's truly not. I have 3 bars filled with hotkeys and 3 bars filled some other stuff to avoid complication while buffing myself with scrolls and food/drinks. I really have no intension on prooving those guys wrong, if someone wants a proof PM me I'll write you down list of my hotkeys and how frequently they are used. I'm sure you will be impressed how developed can rogue's combat be at lv19.
To back up my story I'll just say that yesterday in Gurubashi Arena I defeated 2 lv80s (dk & warr) and lv74 (paladin) while defending my friend to get AGM trinket, and than they came back again and died again and again and again... I went oom and some lock came and killed me in the end. I used like 3-4 keys the most as shadow priest. Those who know me, know how active that priest is and what mess is his UI, still it was piece of cake to fight vs them. Combat as lv19 rog is alot more complicated than the one I ever had on that priest mostly cuz of handicaps you are faced with and improvisations you gotta make to get something more out of it. It's not same for every class tough.
However, in this guide I will show you how to find solutions to some of handicaps of your class and with some of them you can turn your warrior into a class with lay on hands spell that casts aoe fire spells, firebolts, nets and has a combat pet. Sounds interesting ??? I know it does. It's the beauty of lv19 where those minor hidden things in game, that have no place in 80 content, here can play a big role in duel or bg outcome. ( this will be covered in last part of guide )

3. RACE / CLASS COMBINATIONS

Every class has it's best fitting race, we all know that but we dont always stick to that rule. Myself included hehe
Here is the list of best race/class combos which can mostly be applied to any bracket. Still in lv19 it kinda plays bigger role than in other brackets mostly because you will be using your racial more often than in any other bracket. Also important thing to take in consideration is base stats of each race. Pick the one that fits your class the most, unless you really don't like the "looks" of it.

Warrior:
- horde choice:
Tauren - that extra stun is simply OP especialy in this bracket where you have no mounts
Orc - racial that increases damage; increased expertise with axes which is important (see gearing up section)

- alliance choice:
Human - racial pvp trinket
Draenei - racial heal that, if combined with lifeblood, can turn every class into damn fkn paladin

Paladin:
- horde choice:
Belfs win by default

- alliance choice:
Human - racial pvp trinket
Draenei - "moar healz plox"

Rogue:
- horde choice:
Undead - racial that can remove fear or sleep effects (yea... you can make someone sleep in 19s )
Troll - combine their racial with slice&dice = lightning speed atks

- alliance choice:
Human - same shit as above mentioned, that racial pvp trinket allows you to equip 2 agm trinkets = 240 hp
Night Elfs - it's just hillarious to see those alliance guys playing damn GNOME ROGUES. Nelfs have racial VANISH. learn to use it nabs loool ! But as I myself dont play best rog race on horde side I belong to nab party too. Still if I ever played alliance rogue it would be Nelf.

Warlock:

- horde choice:
Blood Elf: mana regen racial + silence to nearby casters = sexy stuff
Undead: if you cast shadow dmg than it's nice to be ressistant to that one ;) plus you can remove fear from you making you look like a true master of your magic. This race makes you ultimate lock - resistant to what you actually do = EPIC imo

- alliance choice:
Human - booooring ehh? that trinket thingy again
Gnome - not best choice but it's only one you can afford if you dont like humans ;) can get you some extra mana which is nice too

Mage:
- horde choice:
Blood Elf: if you pick anything else go kill yourself. You just NEED mana so bad and that's making undead or troll really not good options for mage in 19s. Mage is mana consuming bastard.

- alliance choice:
Gnome: some extra mana
Draenei: guess what... draenei mage with agm + lb + racial heal is almost a priest with mage's spells. He can heal others with gift of naru and I was in like 15-20 occasions where mage actually saved someone's life with this racial.

Priest:
- horde choice:
Blood Elf: it's racial is simply the best choice for any caster in 19s - end of story.

- alliance choice:
Human: 2 agm = 240 hp or more spellpower with x2 heriloom trinkets. This is possible due to racial pvp trinket
Draenei: Still with all benefits of human race 100% of alliance priests are draenei. Why? Extra healing spell, that's low if you ask me ;)

Hunter:
- horde choice:
Blood Elf: extra mana + silence
Troll: more atk speed and more dmg with bows

- alliance choice:
Night Elf: mostly cuz you stay invisible and start your surprise attack when enemy doesn't expect it
Dwarf: 10% increased armor for 8secs + bleed & posion removal (yea.. 19s CAN have poisons, stay tuned :lol: )

Shaman:
- horde choice:
Tauren: that racial stun can get you alot advantage over your opponents. You can get enough time to run away and heal up, or just to make range and pew pew your target while he is slowed by totem.
Troll: extra cast speed, regen benefits, da voodoo shuffle makes this class good choice too. (edit - thanks to Ragnorak for tips)

- alliance choice:
Draenei wins by default (spacegoat with wolf form... epic :P )

Druid:

- horde choice:
Tauren wins by default

- alliance choice:
Draenei... ohhh wait :P luckily they can't add one more heal to druids... Night elfs win by default :twisted:

4. GEAR LISTS

I wont make usual gear lists like you've seen in random guides all over internet. I'll do it on "my own way".
Here is the list of items that are mostly used by all classes, those stuff are considered MUST HAVE for 99% of 19lvs. For more information about where to get each item just click the link. Items are listed as general stuff for everyone, non-caster and caster items. Just browse trough list and see what fits you the most. Don't follow anyone's rules - your style is the best style if you enjoy playing it :

General items without class requirements:

HEAD SLOT ITEMS AND TRINKETS

Arena Grandmaster Trinket for everyone on both factions

Inherited Insignia of Horde or non-heirloom version until you can afford this one. Same item is available in alliance edition too.

Lucky Fishing Hat both factions ( until you get it, use eng. head items)

Minor Recombobulator both factions

Non-caster gear

RINGS & NECK ITEMS:
Legionnaire's Band for horde
Seal of Syvanas for horde
Protector's Band for alliance
Seal of Wrynn for alliance

Scout's Medallion for horde
Sentinel's Medallion for alliance

CLOAKS & BELTS:
Tumultuous Cloak both factions, (enchant depents on your class. best ones are "of bandit" and "soldier" imo)
Earthbound Girdle both factions (of the soldier)

Sentry Cloak both factions; decent starter stuff
Deviate Scale Belt both factions
Glowing Lizardscale Cloak both factions
Miner's Cape both factions

SHOULDER ITEMS:

Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders both factions (leather - rogue mostly)
Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders both factions
Serpent's Shoulders both factions
Strenghtened Stockade Pauldrons both factions
Rough Bronze Shoulders both factions
Prized Beastmaster's Mantle both factions (mail hunter)
Champion Herod's Shoulder both factions

CHEST ITEMS:
Champion Deathdealer's Breastplate both factions (mail hunter)
Polished Breastplate of Valor both factions (plate)
Stained Shadowcraft Tunic both factions (leather)
Blackened Defias Armor both factions
Toughened Leather Armor both factions
Tunic of Westfall alliance only

BRACERS:
Forrest Leather Bracers both factions (leather)
Cavedweller bracers both factions (mail)

GLOVES:
Gloves of the Fang both factions (leather)
Thorbia's Gauntlents both factions (mail)

LEGGS
Leggings of the Fang both factions (leather, but could be used by mail classes)
Smelting Pants both factions
Bandit Pants of Power (+16 atk power) - both factions
Mighty Chain Pants both factions, (mail)
Defender Leggings both factions , of the bear
Outrunner's Legguards both factions, of the bear
Grunt's Legguards both factions, of the bear (this item gives more armor than other menitoned greens)
Chausses of Westfall alliance only - it's by far the best item in this slot

BOOTS:
Footpads of the Fang both factions (leather)
Feet of the Lynx both factions
Silver Linked Footguards both factions (mail)
Savage Trodders both factions

WEAPONS:
Bloodied Arcanite Reaper (warrior, paladin)
NIght Reaver (warrior, paladin)
Runic Darkblade (warrior, paladin) for horde
Glacial Stone (warrior, paladin) for alliance
Shadowfang (anyone's main 1handed wep first choice) both factions
Skeletal Club (shadofang baby) both factions
Stinging Viperboth factions (not that great stuff but worth mentioning)
Balanced Heartseeker both factions, rogue obviously :P
Sharpened Scarlet Kris both factions
Assasin's Blade both factions, best weapon for rogue's opening hits

rest are pretty much crappy weapons that you can get for honor for starting your way to 19s glory ;)

BOWS/GUNS & SHIELDS:
Arctic Buckler both factions, i would never use this one on any class but many ppl use it so I listed it
Redbeard Crest both factions (warrior, paladin)
Forrest Buckler both factions (shaman, paladin healer)

Charmed Ancient Bone Bow both factions (best thing for rogues, yea... belive me it is )
Venomstrike both factions ( some hunters stick to this one mostly cuz of "green text" thing)
Lil' Timmy's Peashoter both factions ( saw some dwarfs using this ;) )
Upgraded Dwarf Handcannon both factions ( but true dwarfs use this :twisted: )

Caster gear

RING:

Advisor's Ring for horde
Lorekeeper's Ring for alliance
Bronze Band of Force both factions
Lavishly Jeweled Ring both factions

NECK:
Thick Bronze Necklace both factions
Voice Amplification Modulator both factions

BRACERS:
Crystalline Cuffs both factions
Pagan Bandsof the Fiery Wrath (+6 sp)

CHEST:
Inferno Robe both factions
You can use heriloom chests too but this one is by far the best one because you can ench it with TBC enchants.

CLOAK:

Tumultuous Cloak of Sorcerer - both factions
Spidersilk Drape both factions
Feyscale Cloak both factions

SHOULDER ITEMS:
Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle both factions
Tattered Dreadmist Mantle both factions
Talbar Mantle both factions (not BiS, but can be good untill you get heirloom)
Reinforced Woolen Shoulders same story as for Talbar Mantle
Mystical Pauldrons of Elements both factions (mail shaman)

GLOVES:
Gold-flecked Gloves both factions
Serpent Gloves both factions
Jutebraid Gloves horde only item. Gives more armor than two above listed items.

BELTS:
Enumerated Wrap of the Sorcerer; alliance
Vigorous Belt of the Sorcerer, horde
Girdle of the Blindwatcher both faction. Good until you get first mentioned belt
Keller's Girdle both factions. Popular starter choice

LEGGS:
Drakweave Breaches both factions
Shimmering Trousers of Fiery Wrath (+11 firespell dmg) of Healing ( +18 healing sp). both factions
Sacred Burial Trousers horde only

BOOTS:
Spidersilk Boots both factions

TRINKET:

Discerning Eye of the Beast both factions (it's advisable that you have 2 of those, since you can switch it with pvp trinket while it's on cooldown and get more spellpower)

WANDS:
Banshee Rod of the Sun (+1 sta spi sp) of the Moon (+1 sta spi int). I might be wrong about those random ench stats but those 2 enchs are best. If you get any other farm the mob more so you get one of two mentioned. both factions
Gravestone Scepter both factions

WEAPONS & OFFHANDS:

Dignified Headmaster's Charge both factions
Grand Staff of Jordan both factions
Crescent Staff horde only (nice staff for starter)
Emberstone Staff both factions
Staff of the Blessed Seer both factions (best one untill you get heirloom staff)

Devout Aurastone Hammer both factions + one of the following links as offhand addition
Erie Stable Lantern both factions
Mystic Tome both factions
Furbolg Medicine Pouch both factions (it's good to have this just to switch on it and heal up and than switch back to whatever you were using before)
Forrest Buckler both factions (shaman or paladin healer)
Grizzly Bucklerof Healing (+2sp)

That's it "gearwise"... feel free to remind me if missed something. I'll edit post and add it if I feel it's worth it.
Moving onto next thing.

5. ENCHANTING SUGGESTIONS

Enchants for rogue/hunter/enhancement shaman:

Chest - 100 hp or +4 stats
Cloak - 3agi or 12 dodge rating.
Bracers - 9sta or 9str (rogue)
Gloves - 15agi
Legs - 16 armor leatherworking enchant
Boots - 7agi or minor speed enchant, if you prefer more hp than pick 7sta
Weapon - Rogue can benefit from every single enchantment if he can use it right (15agi, fiery, crusader and unholy). Huners should stick to 25 agi on weapon.
Bow - scope +2 dmg

Enchants for warrior/paladin:

Chest - 100hp or +4stats (whatever you like more dmg or hp)
Cloak - 70armor
Bracers - 9sta or 9str
Gloves - 7str
Legs - 16 armor leatherworking enchant
Boots - 7sta
Weapon - Crusader
Shield - 7sta
Ranged - scope +2 dmg

note: paladins that are focused on healing can enchant their gear as casters. It's rare to see on our server, tough...

Enchants for priest/mage/warlock/druid/elemental shaman:

Chest: since Inferno Robe is item lv40 you can enchant it with +6 stats or +150hp
Cloak: 70 armor
Bracers: 15spell power
Gloves: Here is tricky part. Best thing for priest and druid is 16sp. For lock I would advise "shadow spell power +20 ench". For mage "frost or fire spell dmg +20" depending on what spell mage is using the most.
Legs: +16 armor leatherworking enchant
Boots: 7sta
Weapon: 30spell power

6. PROFESSIONS:

First Aid - this is simply a must have profession and get it skilled up asap. Heavy Runecloth Bandage will heal up most of 19s from 1hp to full in no time.

Cooking - Less popular and really underrated profession. True lv19 will always have cooking leveled so he never runs out of food buffs. Take a look at some nice examples:
Smoked Sagefish great for casters.
Thistle Tea rogue must-have.
Goblin Deviled Clams most commonly used food buff.
Lean Wolf Steak very easy to make cuz it's often drop from SFK mobs and wolves all over the world

It appear that links for Pilgrim's Bounty recipes are not working so I'll just put it like this:
There few mats that can purchased from event vendors. They last for 7days (real time). If you stock up on those mats and send them to your bank char and use it ONLY when really needed you can have following buffs for almost 2months:

6sta + 6 hit rating
6sta + 6 spell power
6sta + 12attack power

Engineering: good choice for extra stuns and head piece. Also if you use guns, you can craft your bullets. Personaly, I'm not a fan of this profession since you can get dynamites for non-engs and there is also one great thing I'll mention later which is also for non-engs. However, healers can buy them so wanted time with bombs to finalize their heals that take some time to be casted. Still in mass populated bg you wont really have much use of this.

Herbalism - simply a must have due to providing awesome heal over time. The only healing resource that non-healing horde 19s have. Alliance can always rely on thier damn Naru goddess and her Gift :P

Mining - one of my favorites. You can skill it up to rank 3 which means extra 70hp.

Skining - great addition for anyone who wants more crit. chance. At rank 3 it gives +9 crit rating.

Alchemy - healing potions, switfness potions, various buffs trough elixirs. Lots of dmg absorbing stuff that can be used vs paladins and warlocks mostly. I dont recomend to have it learned since you can get herbs while having herbalism. If you can get materials you already have the product. Most players will make you wanted items for free if you can provide mats. Unless your high level character is alchemist ofc.
Here is the list of best things you can get from this profession:
Healing Potion best potion that you can use
Lesser Mana Potion best mana potion
Swiftness Potion great addition for anyone to cap flags, escape death, chase shaman/druid or rogue that sprints
Shadow Protection Potion thing I like to call "anti warlock potion" hehe
Holy Protection Potion "anti paladin" potion
Elixir of Lion's Strenght cool, easy to make
Elixir of Lesser Agility great source of extra agi for rogs and hunts
Elixir of Giant Growth gives you 8 str and makes you bigger = win win
Elixir of Defense like you have extra item equpied on you. Nice amount of armor for such low lv

Inscription - nothing else but scrolls. Dont ever pick this one for your twink, EVER! I listed it here just to provide a list of some scrolls that you can either buy or loot in rdf or world drops. I have tons of scrolls and I've never bought a single on of it.
Here is the list of what you can use at this level (gonna list only the highest rank you can use):
Scroll of Stamina II
Scroll of Protection II
Scroll of Strenght II
Scroll of Agility II
Scroll of Intellect II
Scroll of Spirit II use it only when you are out of any above mentioned. 5 spirit at this point of game makes very little or no difference at all.

Other proffesions are basicly useless... seriously.

7. "SECRET" AND RARELY SEEN STUFF

Finaly, we come to most interesting part of this huge post. All above mentioned is pretty much known and covered in many other guides but I took my time to write it down so our server can maybe become some source of wotlk twinking info.

Lets start with things that make lv19 twinking so interesting and fun.
I'll list all things I've discovered myself or told by someone and explain how it can be used in battleground or duels to make the most of it.

1. Large Rope Net
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=835

This is simply the most OP stuff you will ever encounter to stop a runner. This can be used even on lv80 and without any doubts can be considered as OP. Doesn't require much explanation how to use it. I would just advise that you dont waste this stuff just like that since it's drop rate is UBER LOW and it doesn't stack. Make sure you have space in your bags before you venture onto farming this. It's BoP so you wont be able to farm it with your high lvl char. Link says it's dropped by Defias Traper. I can't confirm that but I can tell you that it drops from Murloc Netters in Westfall (http://wotlk.openwow.com/npc=513). Once I saw the name of mob, and when he casted net on me, I asked myself: "would this net drop from him if kill 50-60 of them". I was obviously right. It's one of the discoveries I'm most proud of since it came to me without using any searching tools on net.

2. Magic Dust
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=2091

Another great "spell" you can add to your class. Works pretty much as Succubus's Charm. Make your target use it's pvp trinket on something that lasts shorter and than just make him sleep. You will have more than enough time to do whatever you want, heal up, run away, re stealth... whatever you want lol! This item is great for stoping healers to do their job while you kill other players.

3. Glowing Cat Figurine
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=5332

Your personal "non class bound" combat pet!!! It's farmed in north of Darkshore where nagas are. It will take some time for Ghostsabe to appear but surprise effect once you spawn it is priceless. It's unique item so you can't have more than one in your bags.
Check the comments section on wowhead link for more informations about it:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=5332/glowing-cat-figurine

4. Discombobulator Ray
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=4388

I have never seen someone using this in 19s wsg and it's something that's easy to make. 40 melee and sp dmg reduce is just awesome plus 20% movement speed reduce to stop players runing away = simply must have stuff and none is using it. I'm really surprised by that.
However... the FUN factor of this item is priceless!!! Alliance tend to use that transformation item into red hulking ogre and than act like "big bosses" yelling around and trying to indimidate us with their pressence.
We just loled so hard once I used this on Djambru and Aeglos and turned their huge ogres into little ugly gnomes hahaha... priceless I tell ya :)

5. Explosive Rocket
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=1178

Great replacement for some engineer stuff. It can be obtained by completing lv3 quest which can be done in less than 20mins. Than just mail it to you 19 char. Delete lv3 char - make anonther - repeat. It's originaly available to alliance only but since our server allows x-faction mail even horde can get hands on this.
It's best purpose is to reveal stealthed rogue in tunnels. Its free, it's easy to get, requires no prof. level to be used... nice stuff to have in bags.

6. Magic Candle
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=1399

If you are melee class, without any dot skill (rogue, paladin, even warrior whose rend requires close combat) you can find this as a perfect way to prevent rogue from re-stealthing. It has 1,5 second cast, deals little dmg but leaves dot which will prevent rogue to re-stealth for next 4 seconds. Not OP dmg but still OP tactical use. Farmed from Kobold Geomancers in Elwyn Forrest.

7. Rumsey Rum Black Label
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=21151

Well this is not rare at all, but had to list it. You will need highlv char to get this from Old Hillsbrad instance. It's fairly easy to get and provides awesome boost for hp, 150hp.
It's stacks with other Rumsey stuff ( Rumsey Rum, Rumsey Rum Light)

8. Halaani Whiskey

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=30615

Hard to get since you need your faction to control Nagrand pvp objectives, and you need to get your character there and buy it. You cant have more than 3 in bags which makes it kinda less worthy when you see how much effort it takes to get it. It stacks with all Rumsey Rum drinks and if you ever manage to drink all of them at the same time you will be some big ass HP dude but drunk as hell haha!

9. Charged Crystal Focus

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=32578

Remember me talking about warrior with Lay on Hands spell ? You tought I'm crazy, I'm sure about it haha! Well just take a look at this item again and you will see that it instantly regenerates full hp of every 19lv character you ever saw... (well, maybe not Pyro's lol).
Geting this item requires alot of patience. First thing you need to do is to farm Depleted Crystal Focus (http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=32576 ) with your 70+ character. Check where it drops on provided link Than send it to your 19lv. After that you will need warlock and 2 guys to summon you to Ogri'la in Blade's Edge Mountains. In case you can't find anyone to provide summon or take you to "pink spot on second picture" on 2 seater mount, I have a solution that is kinda hardcore.
You will have to travel to Ogri'la on foot. Now you probably think "but there is no way I can get there." Well actually it is. I've done it countless times and I'll show you how:
Make your way from Shatrath to Zangarmarsh than follow routes on images:
after that make your way trough cave to Blade's Edge and follow next route:
Once you are there farm Apexis Shard (http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=32569) from nearby crystal veins. It's really easy cuz mobs are not hostile. Combine 10 shards with 1 depleted crystal charge to get 1 Crystal Charge Focus.
Lot of work but totaly worth it!

10. Fel Sharpening Stone
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=23528

All "guides" I ever read mention only Heavy Sharpening Stone. I'm really surprised how people didn't realized that this can be used to. There is not much to explain here. Get mats and get someone to make it or just buy whole product. Send your heirloom weapons to 50+ char and apply Fel Sharpening Stone on it. Send weapons back and enjoy +12 dmg instead of +4 what all other guides are telling you.
However +4 is nice for non loom weapons and mostly used by rogues. Warriors and paladins can make the most use of +12 stone.

11. Felsteel & Thorium Shield spikes

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=23530 & http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=12645

Not much to explain, only much to wonder how people rarely use this ;) Buy enchantment and apply it to shield. It WORKS and it's legal even tough it's from TBC.

12. Greater & Lesser runes of warding

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=25521 & http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=23559

It's like you have priest's pw: shield on you with 90second cooldown. Thing is simply AWESOME! Easy to get, easy to apply. Send runes and heirloom chest item to your 55+ or 60+ char. Apply the rune on item and send back to lv19 character. That was easy and will sure help you survive!

13. Feathered Arrow & Exploding Shot
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=3464 & http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=3465

Simply the BEST projectile you can ever have at lv19. It's quest reward from Gelkis Centaur Clan in Desolace. I'm geting it this way:
I go to "who list" and look for players in desolace, than ask them to go for Gelkis clan to get arrows/bullets. Later they just cod it to me at whatever price they think it's fair and job done. You can also make DK and get out of zone and finish quest yourself. Than delete DK and do it again. It's time consuming but there is almost 6 projectile damage difference between this one and those common projectiles from vendor. Other higher levels that skipped Desolace while leveling can also come back and get you this. I currently have over 500 and I constantly look for more because as rogue I'm using loom bow and with this arrows my damage crits sometimes over 300. Have in mind that it's just normal bow attack, not hunter's skill.

14. Venomhide Poison
http://cata.openwow.com/spell=14792

Who said that lv19 rogue can't have posion, or any other class lol?? Get your char to Un'goro, find Venomhide Ravasaur, keep on attacking him until he coats your weapons with this poison and that's it. People tend to send their looms on highlv char and do this, but I found a way to poison even other weapons that are not heirlooms. Here is how:
For first time you will need to make flightpaths all the way from Orgrimmar or Thunderbluff to Marshal's Refuge camp. Just ask someone to escort you on 2 seater mount. I bet you dont want to explore the zones like I did, so it's no point in walking.
If you have friend that will take you there it's piece of cake, but what happens if you want poisons and you buddy is not online. Follow this route and you will stay alive until you reach your mob:
Dont be "afraid" of dying to those ravasaur. Be prepared to totaly destroy your gear since sometimes it can take several deaths for posions to coat you weapons. Sometimes its gonna take 2mins sometimes 2hours... make sure you praise the lady luck before venturing to Un'goro. It lasts NINE HOURS and it deals 15dmg per tick but it stacks up to 3 times making it 45dmg per tick. That's huge if you ask me, especially if there are more guys with poison in same team. I wouldn't like to be in the skin of a guy attacked by 2-3 players with venomhide poison on their weapons.

15. Iron Boot Flask
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=43499

Transforms you into darkiron dwarf and also gives you a buff that deals 100ish dmg. Has like 10% chance to be casted and looks like Chain Lightning spell. Has 1 hour cooldown and not disappearing after it's used. Can be bought from Olut Alegut in Storm Peaks.

That concludes the final section of this guide and belive me, I'm tired.
I've been writing this all day, with some breaks ofc, so it's easily possbile that I've missed some stuff. If I notice that I've missed somthing I'll sure add it in future. I enjoyed making this post and I truly belive that some of you realized how complex lv19 character can become if you just scratch a bit under the surface.
Some people might not like the fact I shared all this stuff in public mostly because 90% of this was never used in Warsong Gulch. Only few of us knew about those stuff. Now it's presented to you all. I think its fair that now we all have informations about those stuff and its gonna be interesting to see how many people will actually go for it.
No other guide contains this stuff. Some guides have mentioned that Magic Dust or Crystal Charge Focus, but they never mentioned this much stuff mostly because they are focused only on basic thing that lv19 can do: get some gear and play wsg :P If you just check my, Shamm's or Scorpio's armory you will see how far lv19 character can go.

I hope this post will become some sort of "advertisment of our server" among the 10-19s bracket lovers and that it will reach people outside TrueWoW and make them start their character here. In order to benefit from most of mentioned stuff they will have to level up at least 70lv character so our all brackets have benefits from this post. I've read countless guides out there and I'm sure if there is anyone like me looking for a wotlk twinking guide that he will stumble upon this post.

I would apreciate if you guys keep your "negativity" out of this topic (especially one person) because this has a potentital to become more than just another forum post. Lets work together to make it better instead of spreading hates and driving away potential new players who might read this and give our server a shot.

Thanks for reading... it's 00:49 now and I started writing in 10:12. Nicey... my eyes are screwed.
Last edited by Arraj on 26 Nov 2014 04:31, edited 16 times in total.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Fastor

Re: The Ultimate InDepth Guide to level 19 character

#2 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jun 2014 01:21

Well done. Very nice guide.

Ofc like everything else l must correct you too ;)

For lock I would advise "shadow spell power +20 ench". For mage "frost or fire spell dmg +20" depending on what spell mage is using the most.

Now this actually is not true, unless our core works wrong way. When Blizzard swich from TBC to WOTLK all those enchant and gear with bonuses to specific school of magic are actually apply to all schools. So even warlock can use frost power enchant.

PS, good luck in morning with those eyes.

Arraj

#3 » Post by Arraj » 21 Jun 2014 01:32

Fastor wrote:Well done. Very nice guide.

Ofc like everything else l must correct you too ;)

For lock I would advise "shadow spell power +20 ench". For mage "frost or fire spell dmg +20" depending on what spell mage is using the most.

Now this actually is not true, unless our core works wrong way. When Blizzard swich from TBC to WOTLK all those enchant and gear with bonuses to specific school of magic are actually apply to all schools. So even warlock can use frost power enchant.

PS, good luck in morning with those eyes.
If you are right about it I'd like to fix my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. Can anyone from players/staff confirm this?

Ragnorak
Donor

#4 » Post by Ragnorak » 21 Jun 2014 01:54

I disagree with your suggestion that Tauren is the best race for Shamans for lvl 19. If you look closer at Troll racials you'll see it is much more suited for the Shaman playstyle... "Da Voodoo Shuffle" gives a 15% reduction on all movement impairing effects so spells like Hamstring, Frostbolt, Frost Nova, Entangling Roots etc... dont last as long which is crucial especially when playing Shaman since Shamans are flag carriers as well. "Regeneration" increases Health regeneration rate by 10% and on top of that 10% of total Health Regeneration may continue during combat. For those intense matches where you end up running the flag for long periods of time while the enemy hunters are always chasing and poking you down you wont have time to heal. This racial (and lifeblood) will be the only time you will be able to regain your health while "on-the-run". And too further examine "Berserking" increases attack and casting rate by 20% for 10 seconds. If used correctly it can save your life by being able to greatly shorten the cast time of your Healing Wave since at level 19 the cast time without Berserking is 3 seconds flat. And when you have a whole group of allies bashing on you the difference between a 2.4 sec cast compared to a 3 sec cast can save ur life.
While for Taurens on the other hand they only have 2 real racials that have any use in PvP. That being War Stomp and Endurance. While War Stomp is great for utility and Endurance adds to the overall tankiness of the Shaman the truth is unless you are going Agi shaman none of this can beat the racials that Trolls give. And even if you go Agi shaman the troll racials are probably still better since Berserking allows you to attack 20% faster, and Da Voodoo Shuffle will help you when enemies try to kite you when you get up close.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 21 Jun 2014 10:50

Nice post to consider ~ ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Peanuts

#6 » Post by Peanuts » 21 Jun 2014 10:51

@sheena gr8 work mate, alot of other servers have twink guides and it nice to see that TW finally has one too.
Peanuts - 80 pvp shadow/ pvp disc Priest (inactive)
Peanutsz - 80 Multi/Sub pvp Rogue (inactive)
Peanut- 80 Blood Tank/ 2h Frost Tank DK (inactive)
Nutters- 80 Prot Tank/ Arms pvp Warrior (inactive)
Shenuts - 80 Demo/Affliction PvE Warlock (inactive)
Peanutz - 80 Holy/Ret PvE Paladin (inactive)
Pyrocircus - lvl 19 Resto druid twink (inactive)
Kapital- lvl 79 Enhance/Resto Shaman twink (inactive)

ilyailyailya

#7 » Post by ilyailyailya » 21 Jun 2014 11:11

Man, that's an awesome guide
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Anselmo
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Anselmo » 21 Jun 2014 11:21

Very nicely detailed guide.

I would advise people not to try and bring flamewar to this post with their nonsense.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 21 Jun 2014 11:40

I removed some non-relevant comments requested by the OP, please stay on-topic.

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 21 Jun 2014 11:52

Also l dont see anything about potions like speed. Are you planed to not put them here?

Arraj

#11 » Post by Arraj » 21 Jun 2014 12:05

@ Roel - thanks alot

@ Fastor - I think I covered that part here.

Alchemy - healing potions, switfness potions, various buffs trough elixirs. Lots of dmg absorbing stuff that can be used vs paladins and warlocks mostly. I dont recomend to have it learned since you can get herbs while having herbalism. If you can get materials you already have the product. Most players will make you wanted items for free if you can provide mats. Unless your high level character is alchemist ofc.

Honestly, I was damn tired and felt "lazy" to add links to some good alchemy buffs, but I'll edit post and do it now.

EDIT: added Inscription stuff too...

shaun03

#12 » Post by shaun03 » 23 Jun 2014 12:47

Thanks Sheena, really enjoyed reading it. I played on an orc hunter this weekend, and I have to admit that damn draenai racial heal is freaking annoying. Nothing worse than being a level 14, kiting a twink warrior all the way to 20% health only to be healed up again with Lifeblood and Gift of the Naaru. Not fun man. lol

I enjoyed the guide though, great work! :P
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Vaen

#13 » Post by Vaen » 23 Jun 2014 14:24

The large rope net was removed somewhere around the beginning of tbc as you can see in http://www.wowhead.com/item=835/large-rope-net#comments:
Used to drop from defias trappers, but blizz removed it from droplist considering it to be too powerfull. Those nets, that were in game became BoP.
As for the temporal enhancements which require a certain level to apply, I think you're not supposed to get their bonus if you don't have the required level to apply the enchantment yourself, in a fashion similar to JC gems, for example.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Bluebell
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Bluebell » 23 Jun 2014 16:02

I think it would look neater and be easier to read if you put the links as the names of the items, rather than just the pure links, and maybe colour coded chapters in both their own titles, and the contents, but I love colours so my be biased. Also it's "Challenge".
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Arraj

#15 » Post by Arraj » 23 Jun 2014 16:32

Vaen wrote:The large rope net was removed somewhere around the beginning of tbc as you can see in http://www.wowhead.com/item=835/large-rope-net#comments:
Used to drop from defias trappers, but blizz removed it from droplist considering it to be too powerfull. Those nets, that were in game became BoP.
As for the temporal enhancements which require a certain level to apply, I think you're not supposed to get their bonus if you don't have the required level to apply the enchantment yourself, in a fashion similar to JC gems, for example.

I have 5 large rope nets in this very moment. Looted it from mobs I've said it drops from. Not from Defias Trappers. I never tried to get it from Defias Trappers at all.
Nets are still available even at 4.3.4. Never tried to get it on more recent expansions.

About enchs... all vanilla enchs dont require levels. All that you see on guide there is 100% legal on TW and works.