The Ultimate InDepth Guide to level 19 character

shaun03

Re: The Ultimate InDepth Guide to level 19 character

#16 » Post by shaun03 » 25 Jun 2014 12:09

Bluebell wrote:I think it would look neater and be easier to read if you put the links as the names of the items, rather than just the pure links
How do you go about this? I am just curious, as this will help me in my future posts as well.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Polkic
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Polkic » 25 Jun 2014 12:20

Test
You click on URL button and in [url] you put =link and between badges you put name.
(Quote my test if you have problems)

Also when making longer posts/guides it is good to use ["spoiler"]["/spoiler"] (wit out " marks
Spoiler:
Test
If you would ever like to post some sort of code you can use standard code button or use code2+language name to use highlighting syntax.
Like:

Code: Select all

This is stranded code test
this is code2=sql test sql code
SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3;

shaun03

#18 » Post by shaun03 » 25 Jun 2014 12:50

Oh ok thanks Polkic! Yeah, I have used the url link before, but I always put the link in between the ] [.

Thanks very much!
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Arraj

#19 » Post by Arraj » 25 Jun 2014 21:56

Thanks for teaching us who didn't know how to do it. I agree with bluebell that it would be better to make just names instead of "pure links".

That will take time to edit, which i dont have atm or when I have it I dont feel like doing it mostly. I will do it eventually once my mood is back up again. Going trough some bad stuff irl atm...
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Myaoming
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Myaoming » 27 Jun 2014 13:33

Arraj wrote:
Fastor wrote:Well done. Very nice guide.

Ofc like everything else l must correct you too ;)

For lock I would advise "shadow spell power +20 ench". For mage "frost or fire spell dmg +20" depending on what spell mage is using the most.

Now this actually is not true, unless our core works wrong way. When Blizzard swich from TBC to WOTLK all those enchant and gear with bonuses to specific school of magic are actually apply to all schools. So even warlock can use frost power enchant.

PS, good luck in morning with those eyes.
If you are right about it I'd like to fix my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. Can anyone from players/staff confirm this?
I have tested it, and it's not working the way Fastor said. Fastor can you give us a link of your source of info please?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Fastor

#21 » Post by Fastor » 27 Jun 2014 13:45

Personally tested after transfer BC to TW. As for links of Blizz, give me min or few.

Naljs

#22 » Post by Naljs » 27 Jun 2014 14:14

No that's wrong. Fire spell damage only applies to fire school, that's never been changed. It works same with talents that boosts one school only. What they did change was "bonus damage" and "bonus healing" to just be "spell power", which applies to both damage and healing.
Along with changes, they also change the tooltips, which means that if what Fastor said was true, it would also state so in the tooltip.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Arraj

#23 » Post by Arraj » 14 Oct 2014 13:36

As I said in one of the posts here, I was going trough some serious problems in rl and they are probably behind me for at least few months. I managed to get my net back, downloading the TrueWoW client atm and as you can see I edited the post and made it look like as bluebell suggested.

Can't wait to get in :!: :twisted: :!:

NekroBlake

#24 » Post by NekroBlake » 14 Oct 2014 23:47

Whoa, such a nice post, makes me consider joining the twink crowd! :D
[hide]Horde
Zakenna (80) Undead Warlock - Affliction PvE || Demonology PvE
Nundead (80) Undead Priest - Discipline PvE || Shadow PvE
Alliance
Notzakenna (80) Gnome Warlock - Demonology PvE || Demo-Destro hybrid PvE[/hide]

Naljs

#25 » Post by Naljs » 15 Oct 2014 14:22

Question: I see you have the legs of the Fang in that guide, but not the smelting pants from the goblin in Deadmines, why? It has twice as much stamina and more crit, now they don't have attack power from strength and agility but still. It should be more preferred for Ambush rogues and maybe even some hunters (since hunters don't benefit from Strength).
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

Arraj

#26 » Post by Arraj » 15 Oct 2014 15:39

I have no idea how I missed it on the list... thanks for reminding me about it.
When I was editing post I found few more stuff I missed too, like neck items for non-caster gear section. Yet none noticed that I missed it :)

Once again, thanks for noticing the mistake. I agree with you, smelting pants are one of the best out there. Hunter's BiS imo, for rogues it still depends on play style.

I tend to be alot out of stealth after initiate opener so I use fang leggings over smelting ones for more atk pwr. Already got pretty big crit chance anyway.

Naljs

#27 » Post by Naljs » 15 Oct 2014 16:07

Ah I thought you had skipped it as most players say I'm dumb for recommending those pants. I had them myself on a twink rogue I had back on BC, that I've long since removed (it only sat in Crossroads killing 30+ people all days anyway).

For the record, it wasn't very active, but for the ones that played on BC its name was Ixxlxxl and my friend had an identical twink called Ixxixxl. The names were a mockery to* all people tweaking their names with X's instead of original to make it "look cooler". Yea, needless to say we were accused a lot for dualboxing (it wasn't allowed at the time).

EDIT: *missed that word.
It's called a Throne.

Arraj

#28 » Post by Arraj » 15 Oct 2014 22:39

Naljs wrote:Ah I thought you had skipped it as most players say I'm dumb for recommending those pants. I had them myself on a twink rogue I had back on BC, that I've long since removed (it only sat in Crossroads killing 30+ people all days anyway).

For the record, it wasn't very active, but for the ones that played on BC its name was Ixxlxxl and my friend had an identical twink called Ixxixxl. The names were a mockery to* all people tweaking their names with X's instead of original to make it "look cooler". Yea, needless to say we were accused a lot for dualboxing (it wasn't allowed at the time).

EDIT: *missed that word.

Hayling is one of the hunters that gives me most trouble in wsg. Check his leggings ;)
He is pretty unique in his gear. He uses some stuff that is rarely seen on hunters at TW and I kinda like that. I like new ideas, and he brings some good stuff there.
Izrod is not fully geared yet (misses adequate chest item) but, afaik, he was the first on TW to equip Twisted Chanter's Staff (TCS) as hunter weapon in 19s and makes some strong points with it too. He is making non loomed twink and suddenly after he started to join wsg more often, other players started using loom staffs as hunters instead of loom axe. All other newly created hunters go for TCS until they get loom one :) and that was not the case before Izrod appeared.
Gotta love the new ideas :)

Myaoming
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Myaoming » 16 Oct 2014 03:59

I feel like sharing my build. I'm sure not many of you know me since I'm not an active PvPer, not even in the final bracket :D

Twinkywinky - Gotta love Teletubbies!
This build aims to hit the hardest possible and be able to endure long encounters without having to take a mana break whatsoever, since as you can see, It focuses on a huge Mana pool along with an extremely high AP/Crit (1213 Mana, 330 AP with Aspect of the Hawk, 22.77% Crit).
To be honest, the Crit isn't the highest around, but I'm not gonna value 3-4% extra crit over some AP or Mana because I'm not a fan of RNG.
I have not valued Stam at all, hence the low HP pool (983 HP). It was my last concern since I'm the type of PvPer that goes with PvE gear or off-sets and enjoys hitting hard while relying on class abilities to survive and not the HP pool or Resilience. However, a 2nd Gurubashi Trinket is worth it, but I haven't bothered for it simply because I'm not sure yet if it's blizzlike to obtain 2x of these before level 55 or not.

Note that the set is missing 1 important item which is a certain upgrade over my current one: Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit.
I've looked into much more items that I'm gonna test when I get the chance, but this is the only item that is obviously an upgrade.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Arraj

#30 » Post by Arraj » 16 Oct 2014 11:30

I've said before that I like when someone goes with something that is not "the usual". I see you have no plans of getting Lucky Fishing Hat (15 stamina) and that pretty much makes your build rare.

I personally think that your mana pool is way too big. 800-900 is just fine with mana potions and if you have mana regen with food buff you wont have mana problems.
1k hp is ok, but if melee twink gets anywhere near you and manages to deal 1 or 2 crits you are pretty much dead if your lifeblood is on cooldown.

With hp pool like that you should stay out of Synesta's range lol :) Or Bahaal's (both fire mages with insane crits), if you ever switch to alliance with that 19 of yours :) You said you like to use class abilites to survive. Have in mind that you are stuck with wing clip and conclusive shot only in 19s. Most of classes can easily hit you from range, and even a rogue with loom bow can crit you hard (over 200+). HP pool below 1,2k is risky way to go imo.
But heey with decent healer on your back you could be a nightmare for anybody with such big, almost "infinite" for this bracket, mana pool. I dont remember seeing hunter with bigger mana pool yet.

Last thing I wanted to check for rogues is how good it would be to have 2 Stinging Vipers with Venomhide Poison and than when I finaly looted 2nd mace I was literally forced to make break. Can't wait to test 2 poisons in 19s :)