PrimalWoW December Update

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Flooded
Former Staff

#1 » Post by Flooded » 08 Dec 2016 10:29

[hr=2][/hr]
This week we have released some minor PvP changes to help encourage more participation in Battlegrounds.

We have implemented several new changes to the existing PvP system. There are more changes being discussed internally, but depending on the reception of these additions/adjustments we will decide to continue to produce them for the community. If there is something you'd really like to see implemented, please make a suggestion in the TrueWoW forum suggestion section.

[hr=10][/hr]
Call to Arms!
Due to The Burning Crusade content drawing closer to release, we have decided to revamp our Honor Rank system so that the higher rank titles are more obtainable. Shortly before the release of Burning Crusade we will disable the ability for players to obtain these titles permanently. You can get these titles by killing enemy players on the opposite faction. If you have enough honor kills to qualify for titles under the new values, they will be retroactively applied to you.

These are the new values required for each rank:
RANK 1 - (No change) 100, Private & Scout
RANK 2 - NEW 250 OLD 500, Corporal & Grunt
RANK 3 - NEW 500 OLD 1000, Sergeant & Sergeant
RANK 4 - NEW 800 OLD 2000, Master Sergeant & Senior Sergeant
RANK 5 - NEW 1200 OLD 4000, Sergeant Major & First Sergeant
RANK 6 - NEW 1750 OLD 5000, Knight & Stone Guard
RANK 7 - NEW 2500 OLD 6000, Knight Lieutenant & Blood Guard
RANK 8 - NEW 3500 OLD 8000, Knight Captain & Legionnaire
RANK 9 - NEW 4750 OLD 10000, Knight Champion & Centurion
RANK 10 - NEW 6250 OLD 15000, Lieutenant Commander & Champion
RANK 11 - NEW 8000 OLD 25000, Commander & Lieutenant General
RANK 12 - NEW 10000 OLD 40000, Marshal & General
RANK 13 - NEW 12500, OLD 45000, Field Marshal & Warlord
RANK 14 - NEW 15000, OLD 50000, Grand Marshal & High Warlord

In addition to the honor rank title changes; we have enabled the Call to Arms dailies for both factions. Due to some limitations with the PvP queue we've chosen to implement the TBC Battleground Dailies instead of opening up the Random Battleground system that was implemented in WotLK. We feel that prior to this release there wasn't much reason to queue PvP if you weren't interested in gear or already had better. This will give our players more incentive to queue up more than just on Honor Weekend.

The following quests have been enabled:
Call to Arms: Alterac Valley
Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch
Call to Arms: Arathi Basin

You can find these quests at Battlemasters in your faction's capital cities.
[hr=2][/hr]
Due to community feedback, we have also made each subzone where World Bosses Spawn have Free For All flagging.

What does this mean?

You will be able to attack any player who is not in your group, regardless of their faction.

Where will this be implemented?

Each area where the world bosses Kazzak, Azuregos, Taerar, Lethon, Emeriss, and Ysondre spawn will flag you for FFA PvP similar to Gurubashi Arena.

Why is this being implemented?

There is a problem created by both having each faction be able to group with each other and PrimalWoW's PvE rule set. This change should be a fair compromise to raid guilds who want to compete for World bosses with other guilds without fear of flagging issues due to cross faction raiding.

[hr=10][/hr]
Its time to dance!
[hr=2][/hr]
Today also marks the release of the next four Naxxramas bosses!

The following four bosses have just arrived fresh from Northrend!
  • - Heigan the Unclean
    - Grand Widow Faerlina
    - Grobbulus
    - Gothik the Harvester

Each of these bosses will add a unique challenge to the current Naxxramas raid instance. Players will surely find themselves challenged by the dedication that will be required to kill these bosses!

[hr=10][/hr]

The Scourge Invasion will be ending soon as we have driven off the brunt of their forces, but Burning Steppes, Tanaris, Azshara and Blasted Lands are still under attack by the Scourge!

This is the last week of our event, so make sure to stack your buffs. The Argent Dawn Quartermaster will leave the capital cities at December 21st!

You can read more about the Scourge Invasion here http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 7&start=30

Thank you to all who contributed and continue to contribute to our content releases. We're always looking for more people to help report issues to the bug tracker or even join the testing team for future releases.

You can find the Bugtracker here: http://www.truewow.org/bugs/login_page.php
You can read about becoming a tester here: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=33499

[hr=5][/hr]

Rainskyriver

Re: PrimalWoW December Update

#2 » Post by Rainskyriver » 08 Dec 2016 11:06

So many great updates this month!

I'm a little concerned of how the gold from the CTAs will affect the economy, but I'm sure everything will work itself out. Plus, anything that gives geared players a reason to PvP is great in my opinion.

The world boss changes were definitely needed after a few weeks of frustrated contesting. I think letting the area be FFA was definitely the better choice over cutting out PvP from those areas entirely: can't wait to start having some good ol' fashioned world pvp. :)

I look forward to seeing some of my favorite bosses added back into Naxx, especially with all of the new lootations. I just hope people don't forget that one of the old gods is still alive and undefeated!

Thanks for all of your hard work, the players certainly appreciate it.

oooooooooolde
Donor

#3 » Post by oooooooooolde » 08 Dec 2016 12:06

Id suggest lowering the gold from 20g to 10g since we have so few gold dumps on the server

Otherwise very good changes! Hyped

Deim

#4 » Post by Deim » 08 Dec 2016 15:06

Nice! Been dancing with Heigan yday was fun and challange.
By the way I realy like the bars that started to appear on top of page the ones with C'thun and Monthly voting and Invasion, keep this thing going thanks to such small addition website looks much more lively (;
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Flooded
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Flooded » 08 Dec 2016 17:05

The gold for the CTA dailies were reduced to the intended values. Congratulations to those who got some extra gold before the fix!

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Dec 2016 18:00

Heigan hype \o/ Even though EU Murmur will probably stick to 20 man raids. :'(

[youtube]AjPau5QYtYs[/youtube]
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Quietly

#7 » Post by Quietly » 09 Dec 2016 09:06

Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but my Warrior who was originally Horde last year, completed the CTA and is now unable to hand in as the quest appears to want me to return to a Horde Battlemaster., can GMS please take a peek?

Thks

Sulik

#8 » Post by Sulik » 16 Dec 2016 23:34

Flooded wrote: [hr=2][/hr]
Due to community feedback, we have also made each subzone where World Bosses Spawn have Free For All flagging.
Could you clarify what was this feedback that drove this change for so fast and seemingly for no discussion while other more popular PvP requests (like turning the server PvP for a trial period) were ignored/cancelled?

Flooded
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Flooded » 16 Dec 2016 23:54

Sulik wrote:
Could you clarify what was this feedback that drove this change for so fast and seemingly for no discussion while other more popular PvP requests (like turning the server PvP for a trial period) were ignored/cancelled?
These two changes are not really related outside of being PvP changes. Changing a few zones for World bosses is a much smaller scale change than the entire server to PvP. Time changes all things though and you should feel free to post any suggestions to the suggestion section of the forums.

As far as the FFA PvP goes, there were questions raised like; "is it abuse to force a player to flag?" or "Is it abuse to stand in a player's AoE to trigger players to flag?". These were problems that were discussed internally. We then talked to players in several guilds about a few possible solutions based on player feedback. At this point we determined that something should be done about the issue. After some technical research we decided FFA PvP subzones for world bosses were the best solution.

Obviously, this is a very new idea, so we're always looking for feedback regarding it. If you have ideas that will make things better, I personally read the suggestion section of the forums at least daily.

Sulik

#10 » Post by Sulik » 17 Dec 2016 12:01

Flooded wrote:
Sulik wrote:These were problems that were discussed internally. We then talked to players in several guilds about a few possible solutions based on player feedback. At this point we determined that something should be done about the issue. After some technical research we decided FFA PvP subzones for world bosses were the best solution.
They aren't a problem. They are GM's not enforcing the PvE ruleset. I don't like this if the devs today are this easily influenced. Don't you have any checks in place for situations like this? What did Prime say? I find it hard to believe after all the PvP argument crap the server went through in the past, you just went "okay lol".

Contmotore

#11 » Post by Contmotore » 12 Jun 2017 20:32

R.I.P.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Jun 2017 20:45

??

Contmotore

#13 » Post by Contmotore » 12 Jun 2017 22:06

Nyeriah wrote:
12 Jun 2017 20:45
??
Ah sorry, I had this page still open in a tab. Then I realized that we can't get new ranks anymore.