[Rejected] [PW] Transmog on PrimalWoW?

Gnurg

[Rejected] [PW] Transmog on PrimalWoW?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 16:00

Will transmog ever be considered for PrimalWoW? As a DPS warrior, my gear is not from sets, but rather a mix of items from different raids. The result of mixing raids item is that it makes me look like I'm heading to a bad taste party.

It's already implemented, so I believe it's just a matter of enabling it. Once enabled, each player can choose to enable it individually via a command. By default, it should be disabled for each player, afaik. It serves as a gold sink, because transmogging each item costs a certain amount of gold, which is always nice to have to keep the economy stable.

The drawback is that people might roll for transmog items, but that can be eliminated by a proper loot management, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Last edited by Gnurg on 15 Dec 2016 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Longi

Re: [PW] Transmog on PrimalWoW?

#2 » Post by Longi » 15 Dec 2016 16:12

I m not sure, but I think in some topic PW playes said a big no to this

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 16:14

Longi wrote:I m not sure, but I think in some topic PW playes said a big no to this
Link it then, it should be around here somewhere if it ever happened.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Dec 2016 16:19

When I implemented it, I asked the Primal people if they'd like it and they were strongly against it. I don't know if anything changed now

Fárlight

#5 » Post by Fárlight » 15 Dec 2016 16:26

I like transmog on the server. People are right now only farming gear and farming consuambles while they're waiting for raid times. This can change ;D
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Longi

#6 » Post by Longi » 15 Dec 2016 16:27

Gnurg wrote:
Longi wrote:I m not sure, but I think in some topic PW playes said a big no to this
I dont know how to share specific part of topic :D but if you check [ACCEPTED] THE FAMOUS TRANSMOGRIFY FEATURE, page 6. it starting there

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 16:29

Nyeriah wrote:When I implemented it, I asked the Primal people if they'd like it and they were strongly against it. I don't know if anything changed now
Did you mention the individual setting? .set transmog on/off?

The times I've asked /world on PW, they've had mixed opinions about it. Someone are really eager for it, someone thinks it should wait until TBC and someone don't want it at all. I did not tell them about the individual setting though.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 16:32

Longi wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
I dont know how to share specific part of topic :D but if you check [ACCEPTED] THE FAMOUS TRANSMOGRIFY FEATURE, page 6. it starting there
There were just three mentions about PW there, from what I saw. To link individual posts, click on the header for the post you want and your URL should update to move to that specific post.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Dec 2016 16:38

Gnurg wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:When I implemented it, I asked the Primal people if they'd like it and they were strongly against it. I don't know if anything changed now

The times I've asked /world on PW, they've had mixed opinions about it. Someone are really eager for it, someone thinks it should wait until TBC and someone don't want it at all. I did not tell them about the individual setting though.
Yes, and when discussed internally, the Primal GM's didn't want it either if I remember correctly. But yeah, it can be discussed again if anything changed. I don't know... personally, I think it's too early for it, there isn't even a wide array of items to be used for transmog at Primal nowadays.

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 16:53

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:

Yes, and when discussed internally, the Primal GM's didn't want it either if I remember correctly. But yeah, it can be discussed again if anything changed. I don't know... personally, I think it's too early for it, there isn't even a wide array of items to be used for transmog at Primal nowadays.
There are plenty of items open for transmog. Just look at all these sets: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... og#p153289 The future patches only offer a few cool item-sets, where most of them were tier related.

[hide]Life of a DPS warrior...
Image[/hide]
[hide]The tabard does cover up a bit, but still. :|
Image[/hide]
+ every single dps warrior has that stupid cow-helm, because it's BiS from crafting. :|

If we don't enable transmog, I hope TBC brings cooler sets for DPS warriors, but I have a feeling it will be the same situation. >...<
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Sahtraslolx
Donor

#11 » Post by Sahtraslolx » 15 Dec 2016 16:55

Strongly against it. Atleast for Vanilla and TBC phases.

Longi

#12 » Post by Longi » 15 Dec 2016 17:01

Gnurg wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Did you mention the individual setting? .set transmog on/off?

There are plenty of items open for transmog. Just look at all these sets: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... og#p153289 The future patches only offer a few cool item-sets, where most of them were tier related.

[hide]Life of a DPS warrior...
Image[/hide]
[hide]The tabard does cover up a bit, but still. :|
Image[/hide]
+ every single dps warrior has that stupid cow-helm, because it's BiS from crafting. :|

If we don't enable transmog, I hope TBC brings cooler sets for DPS warriors, but I have a feeling it will be the same situation. >...<
Im sorry Gnurgy :) ... well you are trying to change TW ( mostly for things you want ) ok , some of your ideas were good, but I dont think its good to bring same shit on PW too :D stay on TW , there is your place :P :D

oooooooooolde
Donor

#13 » Post by oooooooooolde » 15 Dec 2016 17:31

As a dps warrior myself Im not always happy about my item sets, but generally bis items look good, especially if you get a good tabard. Same goes for the poor bloodvine users (which isnt bis anymore)

Generally its nice not having transmogged people around so you instantly can see their progress. Same goes for pvp

Lastly I think transmog would take away the charm of our server

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 15 Dec 2016 17:36

oooooooooolde wrote:-1

As a dps warrior myself Im not always happy about my item sets, but generally bis items look good, especially if you get a good tabard. Same goes for the poor bloodvine users (which isnt bis anymore)

Generally its nice not having transmogged people around so you instantly can see their progress. Same goes for pvp

Lastly I think transmog would take away the charm of our server
Would you be against it even if it was possible to disable it individually? By disabling it individually, I mean that you can't use the future yourself and you will see everyone in the gear they're actually using (not their transmog gear). It's done by writing .set transmog off.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

mmedve14

#15 » Post by mmedve14 » 15 Dec 2016 18:24

+1