Low population concern

Brennus

Re: Low population concern

#46 » Post by Brennus » 22 Dec 2016 20:05

So, you are telling me that TrueWoW players don't have the right to get those mounts, while people from transfers/merges are free to have them?
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Xenitron

#47 » Post by Xenitron » 22 Dec 2016 20:08

Dont think most people even care about some mount it doesnt even make difference if you have some mount or not; and you even yourself said that "Title is shit" so problem is in you I think more people care about that title than some mount since title cant be earned and goes only to defined amount of people and ffs mate on GD you can grind fucking new 80 during weekends literally it takes 7-10 hours to level there arena points flush is 2 times a week and ofc high-rates server got more PvP-ers since they dont care about questing and they dont want to bother with it

My SUGGESTION to increase population is to do some kind of double-xp weekend or every new player that joins server gets fresh new lvl 58 since most people hate leveling till outlands it would be some kind of controlled player injection something like first 100 people who create accounts and characters, and ofc it all would all be well advertised(whole community effort)and it would be on predefined date in few weeks/months, or new players get one templated lvl 80s with 5.5k gs for JUST ONE WEEK and with them they can try dungeons,raids,BGs and if they decide to keep playing on server they get X level character for compensation of active time what they spent on that character
Last edited by Xenitron on 22 Dec 2016 20:13, edited 2 times in total.

skyx

#48 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 20:09

Brennus wrote:So, you are telling me that TrueWoW players don't have the right to get those mounts, while people from transfers/merges are free to have them?
You simply strip them of those items.

I have two gladiator mounts that i EARNED from OmegaWow but their incompetent staff did not award me the achievements.

I am more than happy to have them stripped off my characters and everyone else's if it means that they are worth something again.

Also PvP rewards should only be rewarded from 3v3s and not 2v2s since we are suppose to be "blizz-like", especially rank 1 titles...
Xenitron wrote:...
I disagree. I came from two x3 levelling rates servers (but x1 loot drops etc). PvP was equally as important as PvE, including the quality.

But the only thing I agree with you is at least give new players something so they are not playing from 0.

Brennus

#49 » Post by Brennus » 22 Dec 2016 20:24

It's not as simple as "strip them off of my characters".

I don't know if you have been around by the time those 3 merges happened, but some people who came from those servers had Realm First achievements that were not (and never was) obtainable here.
People had to report those to get them off the merged characters.

When talking about transfers, it is kind of easy to strip them off because it's just one character at a time, and thus the staff could check for those things.

With merges, on the other hand, there are hundreds/thousands of characters being injected into TrueWoW database at once.

As I said, it's not that simple.

Xenitron

#50 » Post by Xenitron » 22 Dec 2016 20:46

skyx wrote:I disagree. I came from two x3 levelling rates servers (but x1 loot drops etc). PvP was equally as important as PvE, including the quality.
x3 are special category they are kind mix of both worlds, for players that dont want to focus only 1-2 classes and dont want to have shit tone of players destroying pvp because of joining rbgs 5 minutes after they hit 80 since you cant just re-roll another class cause it still takes some time to level toon

Nyeriah

#51 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2016 20:50

skyx wrote:
LOL (for real)

Just go on GD and compare the 2v2 and 3v3 ladder to here (last "season" even) and then ask me this question again.

Also PvP mounts here are Worthless to PvPers because any random PvEr can get one given time. "Most people" you referred to are the PvE community. "bothered a lot of people for a long while" are/were the PvPers.

All that is left is a title. A few crappy letter beside your character. Is that worth investing an insane amount of time of queuing, organising and playing? Hell no.

TL;DR un-blizzlike stuff must happen and GM intervention is needed if you want to even have a "PvP" scene on TW.

PS: I know I have no experience running a private server as a admin but it seems you have not experienced decent arena PvP, especially 3v3s.
My question was a legit one. I never experienced "decent" arena PvP because I simply don't PvP, and I have never managed anything to do with arenas for that matter so don't blame the fact I don't PvP on anything. But yeah, your statement implies that donating for gear (p2w) is a legit incentive to arenas. Is that really what you meant? Is that true? I'm just wondering.

From my experience P2W quite casts people away as it favors low skilled players and leaves those who can't afford cashing out items in disadvantage, eroding everything else. I know that it has worked on other servers, but these servers were already born with the "money factory" mindset in place (players started playing there knowing what they were buying). I don't see such incentive working at our server, such move would probably scare the players we still have away.

By the way, we have an even better transfer system than many other servers. Our 1:1 transfers ensures that very little is lost when transferring, but sadly it has been murdered by restrictions due to people overly abusing it.

skyx

#52 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 21:15

Nyeriah wrote:...
No. What I am saying is a prize worthy of time investment must be used in order to incentivise arena PvP here e.g. an end-game PvE trinket such as STS (providing they have the PvE achievements of course) as well as TW staff intervention (i.e. host a tournament) in order to avoid abuses such as win-trading, queue dodging etc.

Also for arenas, there should be a gearscore cap so players can not abuse high end PvE gear to their advantage (like on GD for 3v3s, gear allowed is capped to ilvl 264 so I read).

Do not attempt to put words into my mouth.

A gearscore cap will only discriminate against the un-skilled and a rare prize is the only way for people to bother participating.

Sorry to state this but due to the neglect and non-intervention of TW staff, the state of PvP on this server is drastically inferior to even DW.

Are you seriously happy that GD has been poaching players from TW or not?

Xenitron

#53 » Post by Xenitron » 22 Dec 2016 21:41

TW shop doesnt have gear buying option so disabling items above ilvl 264 is just slap in face for players who got STS/Shadowmourne legit way(they way it should be obtainable) you see every time you implement something on server that is not blizzlike you need to make countermeasures since its not the way game is supposed to work so that measure about GD staff doing that is going in favour to players who dont have means to donate, otherwise you would get whole server of donors and I believe there is bigger amount of players who dont pay for gear than those who do

Since you are making references and comparisons to GD let me just say few things since they are 7x server:
-7x times more idiots/retards/toxic/salty people whatever you want to call them
-players who queue rbgs mins after hitting 80 since getting new 80 is easy
-very hard to find you spot in community and findindg somebody friendly
-getting to raid is mission impossible everybody is looking for achievements even for most stupid things like VoA

skyx

#54 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 21:58

Xenitron wrote:TW shop doesnt have gear buying option so disabling items above ilvl 264 is just slap in face for players who got STS/Shadowmourne legit way
Dude, you didn't read my posts correctly. For arenas ONLY. Gear that gives players an overwhelming UNFAIR ADVANTAGE should not be allowed for arena PvP. Blizzard fkd up when they made OP PvE items. In their latest xpac, they have made an effort to neutralise this.

I am not saying TW should copy GD. What I am saying is for TW staff to create and maintain a healthy PvP scene (for a PvE/PvP server) which is somewhat competitive and desirable (like on GD for example).

Cocopuffs
Donor

#55 » Post by Cocopuffs » 23 Dec 2016 12:36

Then tell me, how are you supposed to EARN a Brutal Nether Drake???
In case you don't know, PvP Season 4 is over (it did never exist in TrueWoW to begin with) - so that item is unobtainable...
are you trying to sound stupid, or is that your natural state? no one said anything about seasons, or wether they're obtainable or not via normal means. the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.

dumbass.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#56 » Post by Cocopuffs » 23 Dec 2016 12:38

skyx wrote:
Xenitron wrote:TW shop doesnt have gear buying option so disabling items above ilvl 264 is just slap in face for players who got STS/Shadowmourne legit way
Dude, you didn't read my posts correctly. For arenas ONLY. Gear that gives players an overwhelming UNFAIR ADVANTAGE should not be allowed for arena PvP. Blizzard fkd up when they made OP PvE items. In their latest xpac, they have made an effort to neutralise this.

I am not saying TW should copy GD. What I am saying is for TW staff to create and maintain a healthy PvP scene (for a PvE/PvP server) which is somewhat competitive and desirable (like on GD for example).
bring down ilvl in arenas and bg's and PVP will be healthy again. all the pseudo gladiators who only went past 2k in 2s or 3s after months of ICC will be gone and the people who actually want to play and learn will show up. no more x10 teams made by x3 x4 guys and their alts in bracket ranks ever again.

Brennus

#57 » Post by Brennus » 23 Dec 2016 19:05

Cocopuffs wrote:the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.
Why is that a problem?
Last edited by Brennus on 23 Dec 2016 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Xenitron

#58 » Post by Xenitron » 23 Dec 2016 20:18

Cocopuffs wrote: the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.
so let me just clarify you hate TWs vote shop one of things that makes this server unique to many others is that you can only buy vanity items or items that there was no other way to put them in game other than shop and BTW try voting everyday for 2-3 months yourself and see how much will you last

skyx

#59 » Post by skyx » 23 Dec 2016 20:22

Xenitron wrote:
Cocopuffs wrote: the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.
so let me just clarify you hate TWs vote shop one of things that makes this server unique to many others is that you can only buy vanity items or items that there was no other way to put them in game other than shop and BTW try voting everyday for 2-3 months yourself and see how much will you last
There is a way but it seems there is no use trying to reason with PvErs like you and with a PvE-only minded admin and staff ...

Brennus

#60 » Post by Brennus » 23 Dec 2016 20:29

It's not a matter of reasoning with PvE-minded people/staff.

The way it currently is benefits the server the most.

Sure, it could be rewarded to Battleground/Arena queuers, but that won't help the PvP scene and certainly not the server as a whole.