Low population concern

Dysphoria

Re: Low population concern

#31 » Post by Dysphoria » 22 Dec 2016 02:31

I did it back than I was playing actively , posting on forums and youtube about truewow. Now its kinda late. Try ddos warmane and dala and hope ppl transfer here.
Recken Destruction

Royo

#32 » Post by Royo » 22 Dec 2016 04:48

Dysphoria wrote:Now its kinda late.
Far too late. Promoting/advertising is something that is done when something just came out. Not something that debut 5-6 years ago.
Dysphoria wrote:Try ddos warmane and dala and hope ppl transfer here.
lol, yeah, sadly, this is something that will definitely work :lol:

skyx

#33 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 04:48

Jiranthos wrote: The trick is getting many new players AT THE SAME TIME, and well, I don't know how to manage that,
Everyone has been saying: "Promote, more advertising, more promotion" since the beginning of time, but are there any solid ideas or suggestions? Ones that are tangible? Any help is appreciated.
Lets start from the bottom up with a classical framework.... SWOT analysis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis

STRENGTHS:
  • DDOS protected hardware
    x1 "blizz-like" rates!!! (becoming a weakness due to lack of USP and WOTLK is 6+ years old...)
    Well scripted PvE instances
    1:1 transfer (from other x1 servers)
WEAKNESSES:
  • Dead/Non-existantant "PvP" scene
    This => http://prnt.sc/dmg5so
    WOTLK is an old expansion with waning interest from Private server wow players as a whole.
    Low population
    Limited support for PvP bugs compared to PvE
    Not realising that it is almost 2017 and that people don't want to start from rock bottom on a low pop, x1 server.
OPPORTUNITIES:
  • Acquire players from Merge/Hostile Takeover/etc of other servers (e.g. OmegaWoW in 2014)
    You guys still have Primal-WoW so maybe keep that server alive at the expense of TW (like what DW did)
    Cata/MoP ? (probably not a good idea anyways lol)
    1:1 transfers from higher rate server BUT x1 endgame content servers *cough* GD *cough*
THREATS:
  • GD:
    • Gives 1 free lv80 providing you are genuinely new to their server and not trying to game their transfer system,
      Well scripted PvE instances,
      Staff which actually realises and cares that a PvP scene NEEDS TO exist alongside a PvE one and artificially stimulates interest in it with extra prizes (Donation points for End game items),
      high population,
      very good transfer system which effectively poaches players from other servers .
    DW:
    • lv70 boost (with donation points),
      eternal PvE progression (Unique selling point!)
      PvE challenge/contest (another USP!)
    WM:
    • Extremely high population
      Inherited code from A-T
      Other shit that made Dodgykebab give them server of the year 2016
    Other servers on different x-pac: Atlantis, Elysium/Nostralius, retail even, etc
The idea is to turn WEAKNESSES into STRENGTHS and

THREATS into OPPORTUNITIES.

I can see TW going down like the dinosaurs at this rate so here is my "help".

(Feel free to add more suggestions.)

PS: To be honest, I have read of endless complaints of "lack of PvP" on these servers but at least there is activity in 2v2s and a satisfactory amount of 3v3s (for PvE/PvP servers) on these servers.

PPS: I would give actual suggestions but they would probably get down-voted from people too stubborn for real change or hypocrites who has already fkd off to other servers so no thank you :) .

Brennus

#34 » Post by Brennus » 22 Dec 2016 06:34

skyx wrote:WEAKNESSES:
Why is that a weakness?
Lowering the prices of those might make people vote/donate less.
Absence of people voting/donating will hurt the server.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

blagovest_tonev

#35 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 22 Dec 2016 09:47

Implement the crossfaction for PvE already, it will help people form raids and dungeons. And like others said, we really need to merge with another server, it is the only possible solution, in my opinion.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#36 » Post by Cocopuffs » 22 Dec 2016 11:22

Brennus wrote:
Why is that a weakness?
it's a weakness because you CAN buy stuff you should EARN. not because of the prices. dumbass

skyx

#37 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 15:21

Cocopuffs wrote:
Brennus wrote:
Why is that a weakness?
it's a weakness because you CAN buy stuff you should EARN. not because of the prices. dumbass
For me, it is huge deal.

When I transferred here from OmegaWow in 2014, I left after a month mainly because of this and getting gold/mats to re-enchant all my chars again a third time. This pretty much sums up the amount of fcks given to PvP here. Also, the TW staff here in 2014 were extremely adamant that transmogrification shouldn't be on TW despite other servers having it.

Some rare items should be set aside to stimulate PvP activity but no, you can vote your way to a gladiator mount!!!

I'd recommend that 1 PvE item (not including ShadowMourne) should be given as a reward for achieving top ranks in 3v3 here (providing they have the necessary PvE achievement to get that item) but this suggestion will be shot down hard by the same PvE people who bought PvP Gladiator mounts with vote points.

Kniteknite

Re: Pls do something for the truewow server its dying

#38 » Post by Kniteknite » 22 Dec 2016 17:00

Gnurg wrote:
Fastor wrote:
Gnurg wrote: You do realise it was created 9 months ago?
You do realize babies also takes 9 months? ^_^
I hate it when babies steal my 9 months.
haha more pop ! ^_^ (just voted)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Nyeriah

#39 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2016 17:04

Staff which actually realises and cares that a PvP scene NEEDS TO exist alongside a PvE one and artificially stimulates interest in it with extra prizes (Donation points for End game items),
Is this supposed to be a good thing?

The PvP mounts bothered a lot of people for a long while but in the long run it's not a major game breaker for most people. It doesn't quite compare to being able to buy gear for donations. Nonetheless, the Wrathful drake was never in the store (and that's the season TrueWoW has always been in). All of the others were never obtainable by TrueWoW players.

Eronox
MVP

#40 » Post by Eronox » 22 Dec 2016 18:24

skyx wrote:
PPS: I would give actual suggestions but they would probably get down-voted from people too stubborn for real change or hypocrites who has already fkd off to other servers so no thank you :) .
I want to hear them!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

skyx

#41 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 19:41

Nyeriah wrote:
Is this supposed to be a good thing?

The PvP mounts bothered a lot of people for a long while but in the long run it's not a major game breaker for most people. It doesn't quite compare to being able to buy gear for donations. Nonetheless, the Wrathful drake was never in the store (and that's the season TrueWoW has always been in). All of the others were never obtainable by TrueWoW players.
LOL (for real)

Just go on GD and compare the 2v2 and 3v3 ladder to here (last "season" even) and then ask me this question again.

Do you remember in 2008 when the credit crunch happened? What did governments do? They bailed the banks out by buying toxic debt rather than letting them collapse and cause further damage.

How is this related to TW? The "PvP" on this server is dead so something needs to be done to Artificially Stimulate interest.

Also PvP mounts here are Worthless to PvPers because any random PvEr can get one given time. "Most people" you referred to are the PvE community. "bothered a lot of people for a long while" are/were the PvPers.

All that is left is a title. A few crappy letter beside your character. Is that worth investing an insane amount of time of queuing, organising and playing? Hell no.

TL;DR un-blizzlike stuff must happen and GM intervention is needed if you want to even have a "PvP" scene on TW.

PS: I know I have no experience running a private server as a admin but it seems you have not experienced decent arena PvP, especially 3v3s.
Last edited by skyx on 22 Dec 2016 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Brennus

#42 » Post by Brennus » 22 Dec 2016 19:53

Cocopuffs wrote:it's a weakness because you CAN buy stuff you should EARN. not because of the prices. dumbass
Then tell me, how are you supposed to EARN a Brutal Nether Drake???
In case you don't know, PvP Season 4 is over (it did never exist in TrueWoW to begin with) - so that item is unobtainable...
Cocopuffs wrote:dumbass
/facepalm

skyx

#43 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 19:57

Brennus wrote:
Then tell me, how are you supposed to EARN a Brutal Nether Drake???
In case you don't know, PvP Season 4 is over (it did never exist in TrueWoW to begin with) - so that item is unobtainable...
No, it should've been kept as a PvP-only reward to EARN.

Brennus

#44 » Post by Brennus » 22 Dec 2016 19:59

There is no way to earn those...
TrueWoW is permanently stuck on PvP Season 8 (Wrathful Gladiator). All mounts from seasons 1-7 are unobtainable.

skyx

#45 » Post by skyx » 22 Dec 2016 20:01

Exactly.

Unobtainable stuff should've been kept as prizes, especially rare items such a PvP mounts, Black Qiraji mount, etc.