[Accepted] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

Longi

Re: [TrueWoW/Public Opinion Research/Poll] The Famous Transmogrify Feature

#256 » Post by Longi » 29 Apr 2016 13:52

Matsy wrote:Really? why enable legendardys? blizzard didnt even have that, thats going too far tbh, you shouldnt be adding stuff blizzard didnt even have....
Blizzlike fun server with option to turn it off :D

Matsy

#257 » Post by Matsy » 29 Apr 2016 13:55

longi wrote:
Matsy wrote:Really? why enable legendardys? blizzard didnt even have that, thats going too far tbh, you shouldnt be adding stuff blizzard didnt even have....
Not the point.
The transmog feature was supposed to be a blizzlike transfer so we could experience transmog the way blizzard had it (which is PERFECTLY FINE). Adding shit blizzard didn't even add to it is going way too far and starting to down the slippery slope of adding non-blizlike crap. Doesnt mean a damm thing that you can turn transmog off, I dont wan't to turn it off I want a blizlike experience with it.

I voted +1 for transmog on the assumption they wouldn't fuck around with it. But adding legendarys makes my vote -1.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#258 » Post by Hansrutger » 29 Apr 2016 14:08

Matsy wrote:
longi wrote:
Not the point.
The transmog feature was supposed to be a blizzlike transfer so we could experience transmog the way blizzard had it (which is PERFECTLY FINE). Adding shit blizzard didn't even add to it is going way too far and starting to down the slippery slope of adding non-blizlike crap. Doesnt mean a damm thing that you can turn transmog off, I dont wan't to turn it off I want a blizlike experience with it.

I voted +1 for transmog on the assumption they wouldn't fuck around with it. But adding legendarys makes my vote -1.
Lol you can specifically turn legendary off only but have normal transmog on. Do you read or do just don't care that you have options? :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Matsy

#259 » Post by Matsy » 29 Apr 2016 14:12

Ah ltransmog, didnt see the l. Still don't agree with it anyway regardless.
Matsy pls

devil5000

#260 » Post by devil5000 » 29 Apr 2016 16:17

I agree that the option to transmog legendaries is bad even tho it has the option to be turned off.Like Matsy said it completly deviates from the blizzlike transmog which we were promised to have.Legendaries are supposed to be uniqe thats why Blizz dint include them in transmog.Let's make the fishing rod avaible for transmog or some random fun item then if its all pretty much the same.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Regent
Tester

#261 » Post by Regent » 29 Apr 2016 16:38

I don't see a problem with it.
If someone don't like it, they can just turn off legendary transmogs with the given command (.settings ltransmog off).
Nobody is forcing them to see it.

I'd just like to say THANK YOU on behalf of those of us who love this entire feature.
The time and effort the staff have put into this hasn't gone unnoticed and thus, you have our gratitude.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Longi

#262 » Post by Longi » 29 Apr 2016 16:57

devil5000 wrote:I agree that the option to transmog legendaries is bad even tho it has the option to be turned off.Like Matsy said it completly deviates from the blizzlike transmog which we were promised to have.Legendaries are supposed to be uniqe thats why Blizz dint include them in transmog.Let's make the fishing rod avaible for transmog or some random fun item then if its all pretty much the same.
Unique legendaries :D :D good joke .. this is what blizzard did with legendary items

Vannila:
Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian - mage
Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian - warlock
Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian - priest
Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian - druid

TBC:
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
Warglaive of Azzinoth

Wotlk:
Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
Shadowmourne

Cata:
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
Golad, Twilight of Aspects
Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages

Mop:
Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao
Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon
Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji
Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen
Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao

Wod:
Etheralus, the Eternal Reward
Thorasus, the Stone Heart of Draenor
Nithramus, the All-Seer
Maalus, the Blood Drinker
Sanctus, Sigil of the Unbroken

"legendary item for everyone ! today on 80% sale "

devil5000

#263 » Post by devil5000 » 29 Apr 2016 17:13

Well first we have this said:
Nyeriah wrote:Honestly, I don't plan on developing the transmog feature further than it currently is at. Just as a reminder, at next update transmog will now cost money normally.
and then comes this idea of legendaries being able to be tranmoged.Withouth any vote or asking for communitys opinion. If we continue adding non blizzliek stuff we are gonna becoem a fun server.I was for a normal transmog not transmog that will deviade from the blizzlike transmog system.So lets add other non blizzlike features and just add a command to disable it and we can call ourselves a blizzliek server still sicne it seems a command solves all.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Nyeriah

#264 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Apr 2016 18:16

It's hard to conceive that the same argument of what's blizzlike and what's not blizzlike is being brought up to those who supported this. Because, in essence, this feature isn't blizzlike at all. We all agreed it'd be a deviation, but - and that's probably the reason why we were able to implement it with such celerity - the starting point is, if you don't like it, you'll not be forced to use it. If you don't enable seeing transmogrified items, you'll never come across this feature. Nothing changes to you whatsoever.

This vital principle hasn't changed. People were just given one more way to change their looks. And then again, I ensure it would also be optional. So those who enjoyed the initial concept without it would still be able to enjoy it without any loss. Once again, if you don't enable seeing transmogrified legendary items, you'll never come across this feature. Basically, once again, nothing has changed whatsoever to those who don't wish to use it, and that's why there wasn't a vote, I didn't feel it to be necessary.

I indeed wasn't planning on developing this further at that point. That statement however doesn't imply that I'll never be doing anything with it ever again.
devil5000 wrote:So lets add other non blizzlike features and just add a command to disable it and we can call ourselves a blizzliek server still sicne it seems a command solves all.
Apparently a command seems to solve it, at least for the matter at hand. What's your problem with it specifically? I'll emphasize it once again: if you don't enable seeing transmogrified legendary items, you'll never come across this feature. So, the day after, nothing has changed to you at all.

Stating that this will also be used to shoehorn other "non-blizzlike" features looks more like a fallacy to me, taking place to suppress the apparent lack of arguments against it.

Matsy

#265 » Post by Matsy » 29 Apr 2016 18:19

The problem is adding transmog is totally fine its a feature blizzard added in the first place, but then to add items to that feature even blizzard didnt add, that's going too far with it regardless or not if you can turn it off as its something that doesn't even exist on retail.

Allot of people I'd imagine would of voted for transmog on the assumption it would be a blizzlike transfer, no extras, it would work exactly the same way it does on retail.
Matsy pls

Wilcox

#266 » Post by Wilcox » 29 Apr 2016 18:37

Nyeriah wrote:It's hard to conceive that the same argument of what's blizzlike and what's not blizzlike is being brought up to those who supported this. Because, in essence, this feature isn't blizzlike at all. We all agreed it'd be a deviation, but - and that's probably the reason why we were able to implement it with such celerity - the starting point is, if you don't like it, you'll not be forced to use it. If you don't enable seeing transmogrified items, you'll never come across this feature. Nothing changes to you whatsoever.

This vital principle hasn't changed. People were just given one more way to change their looks. And then again, I ensure it would also be optional. So those who enjoyed the initial concept without it would still be able to enjoy it without any loss. Once again, if you don't enable seeing transmogrified legendary items, you'll never come across this feature. Basically, once again, nothing has changed whatsoever to those who don't wish to use it, and that's why there wasn't a vote, I didn't feel it to be necessary.

I indeed wasn't planning on developing this further at that point. That statement however doesn't imply that I'll never be doing anything with it ever again.
devil5000 wrote:So lets add other non blizzlike features and just add a command to disable it and we can call ourselves a blizzliek server still sicne it seems a command solves all.
Apparently a command seems to solve it, at least for the matter at hand. What's your problem with it specifically? I'll emphasize it once again: if you don't enable seeing transmogrified legendary items, you'll never come across this feature. So, the day after, nothing has changed to you at all.

Stating that this will also be used to shoehorn other "non-blizzlike" features looks more like a fallacy to me, taking place to suppress the apparent lack of arguments against it.

could you kindly address my concern too?

Nyeriah

#267 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Apr 2016 18:40

I'm not sure about the cross item type transmogrification yet. There's someone who said he'd be up to implementing it, but there are things that may be concerning, i.e item sound on melee swings, bows transmogrified sounding like guns, etc so that would need to be checked.

Etro
Honorary Member

#268 » Post by Etro » 29 Apr 2016 18:51

From my point of view, it being blizzlike or not was not a factor at all for me supporting this feature. I supported/support this feature simply because I like to be able to look like I want all the time without having to compromise my performance, it could have somewhat of an impact in PvE activity by diversifying it (but it being disabled by default possibly hinders it greatly) and it is a purely visual feature. Later the enable/disable command was added, so yet 1 more point in favour to it for those who didn't want it (altho, I'd rather if it was enabled by default, but oh well).

In accordance to those 3 points, adding Legendaries to the transmog list has absolutely no consequences. It is also optional ("inceptionally", since you have to have transmog enabled first and then enable legendary transmog), it is also purely visual and it also, maybe, could help with PvE diversity.

IMO, the blizzlike argument was a fallacy for transmog and is a fallacy now for legendary transmogs. It's the exact same issue, it seems, people had with transmog, just on a plane above.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Matsy

#269 » Post by Matsy » 29 Apr 2016 18:53

How is adding a feature blizzard has and adding a feature blizzard doesn't have, the same argument in terms of "blizzlike"?
Blizzards own transmog doesn't let you transmog Legendrys. Doesn't matter what expansion it is, adding something that blizzard doesn't even have should be a separate thing that needs to be voted on.
Matsy pls

testeromir

#270 » Post by testeromir » 29 Apr 2016 19:07

+1 for legendaries, that's nice addition. Someone posted about being able to xmog 2h mace to 2h axe or 2h mace. I would support that concept too.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan