Was my account hacked?

struck3r

Was my account hacked?

#1 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 10:38

So, yday I tried to log in to my account. After 10 tries or so, where naturally, I have taken special care into typing my password after 2nd fail, I had to go to my account on TW site and check whats going on. Now, Ive immediately changed my password for all my accounts, emails and TW site account. When I logged back, I haven't noticed any gold missing, or items. I tried to call GM on public channel, explaining what happened. Ofc, no GM replied, but few ordinary players did, saying I was wrong, that somehow, some of my friends logged in. I shall point out that on Alliance side I got no friends(i got 2 accounts, the one i couldnt log in with was alliance, the other is horde), and certainly I havent given my acc info to anyone. Had it been horde account, I might have considered it, even still, I havent played horde for 2 years, and I noticed that some1 I gave my info 2 years ago also doesnt play, and my chars and gold there are intact. So, to make it clear, no1 I know or dont know could have gotten my allly acc info from me. Let me be clear, my acc info on horde and ally have nothing in common, nor some1 couldve broken into them by using my char names. The reason I am convinced my acc was violated was because of this:

This character I havent created, and this character, after I have changed my password was not in my log screen when I get to choose my characters. However, I have checked armory afterwards and found that this char named "Amin" still exists on truewow. The most bizarre thing is that while I am typing this, it still is in my account manager. I don't know what to think of it. Since I can log in today with my new pass, and I again dont see this char in my char selection screen, I am even more confused. Now I think its some sort of server bug. But I leave that to admins to clear. I dont want my pass change again. Plz look into it.
Strucker, Salakavala, Eskimo, Kael, Trimada, Domestic, Gataka, Gamekind, Sucubbus, yeah, its all me.

Ancestor

Re: Was my account hacked?

#2 » Post by Ancestor » 06 Oct 2016 10:50

Amin is primal char?

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 06 Oct 2016 11:45

Probably a dev who messed up the char->acc linking in the DB whilst attempting 10+ chars on same realm :D
http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36108

Nah but if you are abled to change pw and mail, then do it as soon as possible. A DB dev can also view your accounts recent IP logins and Compare to other users in order to find the thief

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

struck3r

#4 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 12:39

Amin is primal wow char. And yes, as I said, I did change all my passwords that concern TW coz of this. Now I am beginning to think it was not necessary, coz who in their right mind (either my non existent friend that somehow figured out my acc info, or hacker) would log in, make a char. If it was my "friend" he or she wouldve just play on my 80s, if they wanted lvl 1 char they could just create and acc. And hacker would sweep-clean my valuables off chars. It must have been some kind of bug.
Strucker, Salakavala, Eskimo, Kael, Trimada, Domestic, Gataka, Gamekind, Sucubbus, yeah, its all me.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Dymond » 06 Oct 2016 12:43

Amin is Primalwow, your other characters are on Truewow, change realm at the top above your character listing.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Oct 2016 12:44

The Amin character was created from your IP. There's only a single IP logged to your account, so chances are it was you who created it.

struck3r

#7 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 12:46

One more thing to add. In armory, the last login date of Amin char is 6 weeks ago. This is also not possible coz I have been online few days earlier, had no any problems during login. I can't say anything about how long this ghost character exists in my account manager.

struck3r

#8 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 12:49

Dymond wrote:Amin is Primalwow, your other characters are on Truewow, change realm at the top above your character listing.
You see, I didn't even realize this up until now. I just checked it, and yes, I can see that char. This makes it clear that I have never, ever created that character. I knew about this realm for some time now, but I haven't had any desire to play it. Also, no1 is using this PC except me, and the only person that knows how to use PC in this house, doesn't know what WOW is.
Last edited by struck3r on 06 Oct 2016 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Oct 2016 12:49

Well, it was created by you or someone from your IP. If you do not wish to keep it, I suggest deleting it.
<< your account >> << Your IP >> Logged on CharacterCreate 2016-08-18 23:14:47
I can pm you the log without concealing account names and Ip if you wish me to

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 Oct 2016 12:51

The admin has already told you that YOUR computer or some device on YOUR local network created that character (I hope you know how IP addressing works). It was you or someone in your house or someone that accessed your WiFi (a neighbour?), but it came from your side. So you don't have to worry about some international hacker. Just delete it if you don't want it.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

struck3r

#11 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 12:54

It doesn't bother me having another char. If you think there is nothing strange to it, you can close this thread and move on. But I asure you that my password was wrong yesterday (this only can be false if for some reason my keyboard failed for 10 executive times in row while typing my old pass, and suddenly started working right when I changed it), and that my new char named Amin was not created from this PC, me, or anyone else I know.

struck3r

#12 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 12:58

Jiranthos wrote:The admin has already told you that YOUR computer or some device on YOUR local network created that character (I hope you know how IP addressing works). It was you or someone in your house or someone that accessed your WiFi (a neighbour?), but it came from your side. So you don't have to worry about some international hacker. Just delete it if you don't want it.

I can accept this as an explanation, coz I do have an WiFi that is not locked. But, there is this thing, I live in a rural area, and all my neighbors are my relatives, and I know them all well. There is so few PCs that I know of that occasionally log to this WiFi, and each one of them uses PC only to browse internet, only if they dont pay monthly fee for their own ISP. If there was a wow player at my neighbors wed play it together :P

Eronox
MVP

#13 » Post by Eronox » 06 Oct 2016 13:02

struck3r wrote:
Jiranthos wrote:The admin has already told you that YOUR computer or some device on YOUR local network created that character (I hope you know how IP addressing works). It was you or someone in your house or someone that accessed your WiFi (a neighbour?), but it came from your side. So you don't have to worry about some international hacker. Just delete it if you don't want it.

I can accept this as an explanation, coz I do have an WiFi that is not locked. But, there is this thing, I live in a rural area, and all my neighbors are my relatives, and I know them all well. There is so few PCs that I know of that occasionally log to this WiFi, and each one of them uses PC only to browse internet, only if they dont pay monthly fee for their own ISP. If there was a wow player at my neighbors wed play it together :P
You should put a password on it as fast as possible

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

struck3r

#14 » Post by struck3r » 06 Oct 2016 13:05

Nah, I won't do that. Ill accept that by some miracle some of the people above 45 years that are uneducated farmers broke into my credentials and created a lvl 1 char on PW and, as I checked it right now, havent bothered to play it at all. The char was only created, never played, the intro scene of humans played when I logged in few mins ago. Thanks all for help, Ill still consider this a mystery :P

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 06 Oct 2016 13:15

I wonder how many lies and regrets this thread contains. Doesn't matter, what is most interesting is the simple question"Why?"

IP tracker overpowered btw.

- J.R Cash