Chilled to the Bone

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Chilled to the Bone

#1 » Post by Hansrutger » 09 Oct 2016 14:38

Can someone check what has happened to chilled to the bone recently when it's applying stacks to paladins? It seems as if paladins are taking insanely amount of damage when comparing a retribution at same health pool as a fury warrior and both having 3 stacks. It's not a matter of "oh' he was shielded" or anything like that but rather that paladins somehow do take more damage from chilled to the bone.

So I'm asking if anyone else have noticed this? I've also heard (and in fact seen) about enhancement shaman taking as well a lot of damage from stacks even if having low number (1-3).
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Chilled to the Bone

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 09 Oct 2016 14:45

I could test this when I have a spare moment later in the day.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

arnis5
Banned

#3 » Post by arnis5 » 09 Oct 2016 14:48

Thing is paladins are geting stacks of chiled to the bone from seal. If u have 5 stacks of seal active on boss even if u stop dps u keep geting stacks from chiled to the bone.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Hansrutger » 09 Oct 2016 14:54

arnis5 wrote:Thing is paladins are geting stacks of chiled to the bone from seal. If u have 5 stacks of seal active on boss even if u stop dps u keep geting stacks from chiled to the bone.
It is probably with no doubt they do, I am however more worried about the damage it does. Do note that I haven't tested or looked over on recount too much but I can see paladin's and enhancement shamans taking insanely amount of damage by even having 3 stacks which shouldn't kill them? I've seen them having to bubble or use defensive cooldowns because of it (as well as when I am tanking I can see my health going down a lot more nowadays). Didn't know however that paladins still get debuff even without hitting? I thought it was only proced on hit? 0.o Isn't that why rogues/enhancement/frost dk's usually get a lot of stacks easier?

Anyhow, am not talking about the stacking itself, but rather the damage it is doing. :/ I sadly don't have the time to analyse this while raiding though so if someone has any clue please feel free to contribute.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

adiba

#5 » Post by adiba » 09 Oct 2016 15:29

Well, few days ago Daed got like one shotted at the start of the fight at icc10n. With his gs, that shouldn't happen at 10n. I don't know how many stacks he had but it couldn't have been many that he'd take that much damage. Then he said that it's bugged for paladins. Maybe you could ask him, he'd know more.

kermo14k

#6 » Post by kermo14k » 10 Oct 2016 16:39

From a healer P.o.V ret paladins, rogues and enh shamans seem to drop a lot faster from 100-0% as other classes, while other classes have 6-7 stacks and are still healable, ret paladins have around 3 stacks and you have a hard time keeping them up.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Hansrutger » 11 Nov 2016 21:29

On 5 stacks I took 17k AFTER resistance on retri paladin. Can someone take a further look into this?

One stack is supposed to deal 1000 damage every 2 seconds, is what it says when I hovered over it during combat, this was during 25hc. So 5 stacks should do 5k every 2 seconds, now how exactly is that 11.5k + resistance...

5 stacks should simply not be doing 21k damage, it's very unrealistic.
Retired