Deadly poison proc rate

Justicelight
Donor

Deadly poison proc rate

#1 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Oct 2016 11:23

Hey, opening this to discuss deadly poison application rate for assasination rogues.

Deadly poison (http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=43233) togheter with Improved Poisons talent (http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=21881) makes the Deadly Poison application rate = 50%.

I tested with Deadly Poisoned dagger in mainhand, with enough hit to not miss and here is what happens:

1) http://prntscr.com/coh7cy the debuff drops down to 8 seconds.
2) http://prntscr.com/coh958 6 seconds !!!

All of this was tested with deadly poison in main hand to prevent misses.

So yes, something is off, what do you think? This affects combat rogues aswell.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Justicelight
Donor

Re: Deadly poison proc rate

#2 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Oct 2016 11:28

This issue could also partially explain why assasination rogue does better dps with 2x Lungbreaker than LK dagger / Lungbreaker.

2xLungbreaker puts deadly on mainhand which prevents the misses but in the other case deadly sits on offhand weapon, which scales even more this presented issue.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 01 Oct 2016 12:12

Keep in mind, 50% rate does not neccesarily mean 5 out of 10 hits will be definitive appliement

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

MerelyASetback
Donor

#4 » Post by MerelyASetback » 01 Oct 2016 12:21

I've recently tested DP proc rates. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Yes, DP might drop off, even with a .75 OH. It's rng.

Justicelight
Donor

#5 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Oct 2016 13:00

Not proccing 6 times in a row doesnt seem to be 50% chance for me....

MerelyASetback
Donor

#6 » Post by MerelyASetback » 01 Oct 2016 13:04

slocraft

#7 » Post by slocraft » 02 Oct 2016 21:32

must agree on this one. just yesterday I was going mad exactly cuz of that reason. had to use shiv every god damn time to keep it going. maybe it's just luck.. idk but it's shit :DD
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
\m/ UNDYABLE \m/

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 05 Oct 2016 16:42

Idk, I tested the currrent formula myself and it works on all the eligible races

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 05 Oct 2016 19:49

MerelyASetback wrote:Gambler's fallacy.
Eronox wrote:Idk, I tested the currrent formula myself and it works on all the eligible races
I`m asking for a normalization which can lead to a limitation of RNG.

How it should happen after normalization:
proc cooldown: -1 -2 proc -1 -2 -3 proc -1 -2 proc

How is happening now: -1 -2 -3 proc -1 -2 -3 -4 proc -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 proc proc proc proc -1 proc -1 -2 proc...and so on.

Justicelight
Donor

#10 » Post by Justicelight » 05 Oct 2016 19:49

Justicelight wrote:
MerelyASetback wrote:Gambler's fallacy.
Eronox wrote:Idk, I tested the currrent formula myself and it works on all the eligible races
I`m asking for a normalization which can lead to a limitation of RNG.

Assuming we have 1 second wep speed.

How it should happen after normalization:
proc cooldown: -1 -2 proc -1 -2 -3 proc -1 -2 proc

How is happening now: -1 -2 -3 proc -1 -2 -3 -4 proc -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 proc proc proc proc -1 proc -1 -2 proc...and so on.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#11 » Post by MerelyASetback » 05 Oct 2016 21:37

Why?

It wasn't normalized on retail on patch 3.3.5a.

How would you even normalize it?

Justicelight
Donor

#12 » Post by Justicelight » 06 Oct 2016 00:02

Ups, sry for double post.

Anyway, I don`t see any ppl supporting this, so I`ll just give up. Maybe will look in some other talents/buffs, because they should really do more dps than at the moment.