Rework: The Twin Emperors

kronic

Re: Rework: The Twin Emperors

#16 » Post by kronic » 28 Sep 2016 21:41

Nyeriah wrote:Well, I'll consider this done and move on to something else. If there's still anything to be noted, reply until tomorrow.
They seem to stand still for 2-3 seconds after the first teleport. -Correct
But they don't do this on subsequent teleports -Incorrect

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Oct 2016 11:39

kronic wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:Well, I'll consider this done and move on to something else. If there's still anything to be noted, reply until tomorrow.
I can't reproduce this on ptr, where/when did you try it?

oooooooooolde
Donor

#18 » Post by oooooooooolde » 02 Oct 2016 14:17

We tried it on the 25th.

It was kinda wierd... First they teleported to eachother and stood still, but the next teleports they instantly started moving, but switched places correctly.

I also tried it on the PTR the other day. The Spellcaster seem to behave correctly most of the time, but the Warrior kept moving after TP. This was tested on the 29th.

kronic

#19 » Post by kronic » 02 Oct 2016 23:16

Nyeriah wrote:
kronic wrote:
I can't reproduce this on ptr, where/when did you try it?
Notes from tonight's raid

There is a sort of partial aggro reset appears on teleport, and then a full aggro reset again 3 seconds later. We had one teleport where the melee boss kept 100% of the treat on the tank who was tanking before teleport. This then reset fully after 3 seconds. Weird

But by far the biggest bug is that warlock/hunter pets, lightwells and totems are all being targeted 100% of the time by the melee boss after each teleport. It appears to be random which totem/pet is targeted. We tested this extensively and can say with certainty that this is the case. Our later tries were done with no totems/pets/lightwells and we did not see any problems except for the issue above about aggro reset.

Finally, they do not stand still for 3 seconds after teleport - However this could be fixed after the reset next Wednesday I don't know if this was released last week as you said it was fixed.

That's it for now. Thanks to the raid for being so patient and thanks to Devs for keeping the fixes rolling.

kronic

#20 » Post by kronic » 06 Oct 2016 10:52

Bump

What, if anything, has been fixed in the restart (happens Wednesdays right?)

Nyeriah

#21 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Oct 2016 12:11

The server hasn't restarted yet but there were changes to both issues that can be checked at the PTR. For once I know that they won't target pets or totems anymore for sure, but the other one seems to be giving me some trouble figuring out. It seems that no matter what I do, they just keep engaging regardless. There's another attempt applied anyway, so please check that out.

Nyeriah

#22 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Oct 2016 02:07

Hey, any further feedback after the latest changes? I saw some guys looking for me earlier but I was... busy dealing with my kitchen and couldn't log at the time :P

CescQ

#23 » Post by CescQ » 11 Oct 2016 12:42

Yesterday, we went in to experience the rotations and get comfortable with the boss mechanics and we were still seeing some weird stuff going on. What we found was that they were really inconsistent with their behaviour, sometimes, the tank would get aggro from Vek'lor, even if I was standing between him and Vek'nilash before the teleport. In other occasions, Vek'lor would be targetting me after a teleport and suddenly, the tank would get aggro and retain the boss with what seemed infinite aggro, since it would be impossible for me to take it back, not even spamming searing pain, Vek'lor was fixated on him. Same happened with Vek'nilash, sometimes it would aggro the closest person, and some other times, it would go straight to the tank, even if it wasn't the closest.

At the beginning seemed fine, but as the fight progressed, we couldn't really figure anything out, we found it hard to reproduce this behaviours because it was random and we were only 3 people. We will go back tonight probably. We will try to work on it more extensively.

Nyeriah

#24 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Oct 2016 16:26

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I might have an idea of what's going wrong now. I'll be applying updates to PTR but sadly the changes will only be live at next restart, likely Wednesday...

Nyeriah

#25 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Oct 2016 18:00

More changes applied to PTR

CescQ

#26 » Post by CescQ » 17 Oct 2016 01:11

Good job Nyeriah!

The fight worked pretty smoothly and we downed them yesterday, the changes implemented worked wonders. Kurthos had an opinion about how to rebalance the fight and make it a tad more challenging, and give that Vanilla feeling, I guess you have already received them.