Two odd bugs, may be related

Dewbacca

Two odd bugs, may be related

#1 » Post by Dewbacca » 13 Aug 2016 19:37

Yesterday in Ironforge I was equipping two new swords and admiring them when a guildmate reported a weird Boar aggroing him, but absorbing all attacks. It followed him all the way to the Bank in Ironforge and we took turns swapping his aggro, but neither of us were able to damage him.

He kept us in "combat" but we were able to eat, swap out gear, mount, ect... so it was a non issue, just odd.

I took over the boar and jogged him out into Dun Morogh and assaulted several other boars and the odd boar just followed.

It was during this time I observed my swords were not attacking at all. Only my gun or pet were doing any damage. Try as I might, there was no way to even aggro another creature while attacking only with swords.

I had a page into a GM to allow them to observe the situation, but after an hour of poking the boar and trying everything I could IN game... I logged out and boar was gone, swords worked fine.

I just wanted to pass on the info.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: Two odd bugs, may be related

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 16 Aug 2016 04:05

I have experienced similar myself with certain mobs that seems to have missing reset-range (not the correct term). If I remember correctly there was a crab in Westfall which did the same thing. Can't find that report though but I suggest you give them the correct name of the mob and that you report this on the bugtracker as developers/collaborators easier see things there.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Dewbacca

#3 » Post by Dewbacca » 18 Aug 2016 20:29

Ok, well the correct name of the creature in the previous incident was "Large Crag Boar".

Yesterday I noticed an Ice Claw Bear behind the Forge in Kharanos, which is odd, I've hunted there for years and he has never spawned there before.

If you choose to kill him, he absorbs, then vanishes. Respawning a few seconds later in the same incorrect location.

NOT the same as the previous boar who followed me everywhere. But still an odd mob and live on the server.
Tell me again, where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?
Stonetooth
Goodtooth
Bigabadaboom
Eugene
Eskignome
Ironmandan

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Hansrutger » 26 Aug 2016 03:26

I'll move this to another section as I believe it cannot be further discussed in General Support. Feel free to mention more NPC's that does similar behaviour.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster