faction

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
larar

faction

#1 » Post by larar » 28 Apr 2016 09:35

hello im new to this server and i noticed that its fairly small so i want to know if 1 it matters which faction i choose for raiding
and if so which one should i pick? i don't want to get to lvl 60/70/80 only to realize that i cant raid because no one else is playing my faction ty

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: faction

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Apr 2016 09:46

Hello!

There are raids on both factions so I'd say pick the one you like more. As far as I know alliance is more PvE orientated while horde is more PvP but as I said both factions have raids going on daily.

Welcome to the server and I hope that you will enjoy the time spent here! :)

Psychotic

#3 » Post by Psychotic » 28 Apr 2016 09:53

Nymunne wrote:horde is more PvP
define that please

Nymunne
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Apr 2016 09:57

Psychotic wrote:
Nymunne wrote:horde is more PvP
define that please
What I mean is that when it comes to PvP the horde faction is more focused on this compared to Alliance that prefers PvEing more than PvPing. You can see that just by looking at the battleground queues most of the times.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 28 Apr 2016 12:04

Nymunne wrote:What I mean is that when it comes to PvP the horde faction is more focused on this compared to Alliance that prefers PvEing more than PvPing. You can see that just by looking at the battleground queues most of the times.
Does not apply for pass few months.

Psychotic

#6 » Post by Psychotic » 28 Apr 2016 13:20

Nymunne wrote: What I mean is that when it comes to PvP the horde faction is more focused on this compared to Alliance that prefers PvEing more than PvPing. You can see that just by looking at the battleground queues most of the times.
I dont think that you checked how things are rolling here in the last month(at least).

Nymunne
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Nymunne » 28 Apr 2016 13:41

Psychotic wrote:
Nymunne wrote: What I mean is that when it comes to PvP the horde faction is more focused on this compared to Alliance that prefers PvEing more than PvPing. You can see that just by looking at the battleground queues most of the times.
I dont think that you checked how things are rolling here in the last month(at least).
Playing on both factions I do see how some things are.

PVE wise I feel that i can get way faster into a RDF or a raid compared to horde faction (also keeping in mind pug runs and not just big guild runs). I might not have the time to play all the time or maybe the times I log my play characters are not the best times.

PVP wise: lately is going better for both factions but again (win stat wise as alliance isn't getting roflstomed 24/7 that much anymore) but again most of the time when you queue (again might be the bad timing) you can get into a battleground way easier as an alliance player than as a horde. And of course there are times when the situation is reversed.

Anyway I believe this is not a topic where we should start discussing these things.

In any case as I said in my main most the OP can chose whichever faction he/she likes the most as no matter which faction he/she will chose there will be both PVP and PVE and I believe both can provide the player a great playing experience.

mcheka

#8 » Post by mcheka » 28 Apr 2016 16:00

Welcome to the server! The factions have been fairly well balanced here, historically. The balance sometimes shifts to one side, but then seems to shift back or equalize after some months. Recently, alliance has been the faction which is slightly more played and successful in raids, but you'd be fine playing horde too. You'll be able to raid well no matter which faction you choose.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition