Updated Forum and Etrobian Second release!!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Heihachi
Developer

Updated Forum and Etrobian Second release!!

#1 » Post by Heihachi » 30 Mar 2016 10:22

As some of you may have noticed the forums and website got a bit of a upgrade!

This update will bring more security to the website and help make adding new tools and features to the website much easier. With most upgrades everything won't work perfectly which is where you guys will come in. If you encounter any errors or something looking off or weird make a ticket on the bug tracker and we will try and fix them as soon as possible!

Thanks for all the continued support of TrueWoW! Enjoy the new themes to come!

[hr=1][/hr]

Along with an updated truewowice theme, Etrobian Second has been released.

A few update notes:

[hide="Valid for all themes"]- Mobile support for all pages
- - When the available horizontal space is less than the defined minimum (depending on each theme) for the headerbar, the headerbar will turn into its mobile form with 2 buttons in opposite sides. The button to the left is the sandwich menu, which will include all the submenus except for the User submenu. The button to the right is the User submenu. It looks like this on Etrobian Second and like this on TrueWoW Ice. This feature is custom as, obviously, our headerbar doesn't come with phpBB.
-- All TW's custom pages (Account Manager, Vote, Shop, etc.) were also made mobile friendly. One particular page that doesn't work so well in small screens is the Donate page. That is because there's an "iframe" element that contains unconstant widths, making it out of my control to style.

- Global submenus: Now all themes share 1 set of submenus. If 1 submenu is updated, all themes will see this change. The use of global submenus is optional to themes creators and they still can choose to include new elements to the submenus.

- Themes have been simplified: Etrobian Second. This means that themes weigh much less now, much less double stylesheets loading and themes will be much easier to update, as custom files to check after updates are few.

- Action Bar tools made dropdown buttons: For space efficiency. This completely gets rid of a pagination issue if the topic had too many pages, which in would end up clashing with the display tools pushing down elements off their place. It looks like this on Etrobian Second and like this on TrueWoW Ice.

- Login section moved to User submenus. For mobile friendlyness purposes. The submenu will be kept open as you type in your credentials. It looks like this on Etrobian Second and like this on TrueWoW Ice.[/hide]

[hide="For Truewowice"]- TrueWow Ice theme as been kept true to its original version as much as possible. No unnecessary changes were made to it. If there are any changes, these are only for new elements included in phpBB 3.1.6, such as dropdown tool buttons or new custom elements such as the headerbar in its mobile form.[/hide]

[hide="For Etrobian Second"]-- Profile preview feature implemented: it is a little box that appears when you click on the profile of a user in the viewtopic section. It contains info such as location, contact info, join date and number of posts made. It also contains a link to the full profile page and an ignore function. It looks like this.

-- Forums are blocks: Instead of forum rows, in Etrobian Second they are forum blocks. 3 blocks fit horizontally. They will become into rows if the horizontal space is insuficient. Board Index looks like this (forums in that image contain no unread topics).

- Forum categories, Who Is Online, Statistics and Birthdays are dropdowns. You can choose which ones to keep open and which ones closed and the theme will remember it.

- Stalking headerbar is now optional: You can now choose wether or not if the headerbar stays with you as you scroll down. The theme also remembers your choice. The option is located in the User submenu.[/hide]

The PrimalWoW website is no longer compatible with this update, everyone needs to use the TrueWoW website from now on. Multi-realm support has been added and you can use your old account to login. Also see the previous announcement about the realmlist merge.

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Updated Forum!!

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 30 Mar 2016 10:25

Great work! From first glance I notice only visual differences.

I noticed we now have a mobile version of the website. May I ask you to add a button "Desktop version", for mobile users? I don't like mobile versions in general and this also forces TrueWoW Ice theme on me when I prefer Etrobian. I suggest this be added next to "delete all board cookies" in the drop-down list at the bottom of the page.
Last edited by Jiranthos on 30 Mar 2016 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 30 Mar 2016 10:27

Also, currently the bugtracker and armory and user control panel and maybe other services are unavailable for use from mobile devices. (blank white page or loading forever, or error message)

Also try opening the /chat part of the website from a mobile device, the IRC client plug in doesn't scale and distorts the dimensions awkwardly.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Pivopija

#4 » Post by Pivopija » 30 Mar 2016 10:55

Blank page on everything..arena ladder, hk ladder. armory etc...

Etro
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Etro » 30 Mar 2016 10:58

@Jiranthos

About the desktop version on mobile, I'll see about that some time in the future.

About not being able to choose truewowice: That's because it's the only one currently enabled. Etrobian Second will be activated soon. Etrobian Default will be released later in the future.

Armory and everything in it (ladder, talent calc, etc) will be dealt by Nuko soon, and i can access the UCP (you should now too). Chat should be ok now too.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Blade3112

#6 » Post by Blade3112 » 30 Mar 2016 11:01

Under the Unread Posts, the search box and button overlaps the "advanced Search" hyperlink

Edit: Also the account manager does not show Primal wow Characters anymore

Heihachi
Developer

#7 » Post by Heihachi » 30 Mar 2016 11:20

Some of the Primial Wow changes will need to be reapplied as this update has been in the works for about 2 years slowly fixing issues with our very custom theme and what phpbb did to break every inch of it. That being said we will be reapplying primial changes as soon as possible. Bugtracker should be fixed now and Nuko will be looking into the armory as he is the one who created it and knows everything about it.

ItchyVortex

#9 » Post by ItchyVortex » 30 Mar 2016 12:49

Am i the only one seeing this? Appears on every successful search. Using chrome and screen res is 1366x768.

Edit: Openwow mouseover links not working.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Blade3112

#10 » Post by Blade3112 » 30 Mar 2016 12:58

ItchyVortex wrote:Am i the only one seeing this? Appears on every successful search. Using chrome and screen res is 1366x768.

Edit: Openwow mouseover links not working.
Yes got the same thing, already reported :)

Ancestor

#11 » Post by Ancestor » 30 Mar 2016 13:16

why everything is broken now...

arnis5
Banned

#12 » Post by arnis5 » 30 Mar 2016 14:42

For some reason I am getting next msg while I am trying to log on forum: No route found for "GET /"
I gues that problem is that you don't have a route for "/" so you might change your definition or clearing "prod"-cache might help?

Code: Select all

php app/console cache:clear --env prod
Last edited by arnis5 on 30 Mar 2016 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Arnis - Marksmanship Hunter PVE/PVP
Predatoor - Death Knight Hybrid Tank/Blood Dps PVE
Restoration - Shaman Resto/Ele PVE
Arniscat - Druid Feral Tank/Restoration PVE
Arnisrocks - Paladin Protection/Retribution PVE
Arnislock - Warlock Demonology PVE
Stanimalo - Rogue Combat PVE
Mazdean - Priest Shadow/Holy PVE
Pecaros - Warrior Protection/Fury PVE
Arniskhanna - Mage Arcane PVE
The Demonic Lord!
If you're going through hell, keep going.

malasicilija

#13 » Post by malasicilija » 30 Mar 2016 14:44

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/inc/vote.php on line 87: Illegal offset type
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/inc/vote.php on line 91: Illegal offset type

Naxp

#14 » Post by Naxp » 30 Mar 2016 16:40

I love the new phone layout! Much easier to browse and isnt far away from the PC browsing experience

Dr. Who

#15 » Post by Dr. Who » 30 Mar 2016 17:12

where is the "Mark all posts as read" that used to be on the Forum options?
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"