Retail transfers and many more servers allowed

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

Re: Retail transfers and more servers allowed

#121 » Post by Roel » 17 Apr 2015 19:41

I have accepted a bunch of servers that were rejected previously, feel free to suggest more servers. The server criteria are not strict at all so most of them should be fine and they can still be rejected if we notice any issues with the first transfers. The catch is that the character criteria are very strict. For the compensation you get, you probably need to have spent more time on that other server than if you would be leveling the character at TrueWoW. I want to see people switching to this server, not TrueWoW players leveling on other servers and then transferring... Also keep in mind that we now have a transfer limit of 3 characters per person.

crotcot

#122 » Post by crotcot » 17 Apr 2015 21:46

So what happens if i want to transfer my retail druid here, which gear will he get since its lvl 90 full pvp geared?

Nyeriah

#123 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Apr 2015 21:54

crotcot wrote:So what happens if i want to transfer my retail druid here, which gear will he get since its lvl 90 full pvp geared?
Retail
- Any 80+ character will receive 80 starting gear like described above. 60-79 characters will either receive a level 60 or 70.
http://www.truewow.org/transfer-beta

I suggest reading the terms carefully

crotcot

#124 » Post by crotcot » 17 Apr 2015 22:12

Sorry i didn't read the edit, slipped away <3

yubashiri

#125 » Post by yubashiri » 17 Apr 2015 23:08

my first server still have my lock and they are moving to cata soon and I don't wanna loose it (I have shit equipment but it was my first toon in wow [emoji14]) I requested the transfer, hope I got it :D
You Are Not Prepared

Roel
Founder

#126 » Post by Roel » 17 Apr 2015 23:38

yubashiri wrote:my first server still have my lock and they are moving to cata soon and I don't wanna loose it (I have shit equipment but it was my first toon in wow [emoji14]) I requested the transfer, hope I got it :D
I accepted that server and already gave you an 80 with starting gear (buy it with the emblems).

On a side note. People are submitting screenshots from retail through imgur but I am getting a lot "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available". I don't know exactly what's going on but I suggest using a different image host so you can get accepted on the first request.

Dysphoria

#127 » Post by Dysphoria » 18 Apr 2015 00:13

Roel dont reject anything , accept all requests and all ppl there is very few wotlk servers lets make this one most populated and everything will be lekker :)
Recken Destruction

Longi

#128 » Post by Longi » 18 Apr 2015 00:20

Whats different between " accept all " and give to players who wants to play here free lvl 80 with starting gear :-)

lollypop

#129 » Post by lollypop » 18 Apr 2015 01:06

So, i transfered a few chars today. Many thanks on uber fast processing of request.

Now, for the purists, who dislike the system, 'cuz "we lvl'd on 1x, dun wanna no x2345 server ppl"

The gear i got, while impressive and good enough to go, is just lol......i chked 1 char, what was once an almost full BiS pvp mage, well.....not a hint of BiS of any kind now, let alone full. The other two i didn't chk, as im afraid imma get a heartattack! ^_^

Now, this is no complaining, just saying how it looks like first hand.

After all is said and done and learned and bought (like everything, riding, spells, mounts etc etc), you are left with cca 3-4k gold, full relentless, full wf offparts, 5/5 sanctified pve parts, and around 300 frost emblems leftover (i got 1100 on transfer lel), although i didn't buy trinket for 60 yet. Oh and a bunch of icc10 weapons.

In any case, i'm glad they are here.

Roel
Founder

#130 » Post by Roel » 18 Apr 2015 01:40

lollypop wrote:i chked 1 char, what was once an almost full BiS pvp mage
Really an impressive amount of work went into that character so you received the best character template... They rejected that server for 1:1 transfers but at least I was able to give you something. If you get the courage to look at the other characters, you can 100% confirm that purists have nothing to fear with this system :)

The thing is, 1:1 transfers are meant to bring an old character over. This system is meant to give new players a better start if they already put effort in characters at other servers. They will still have to work at TW to get the best gear which takes time, but that's exactly what we need to keep them interested. Most are happy that they don't need to start at lvl 1 again.

Starting to feel like I am repeating myself :roll:

lollypop

#131 » Post by lollypop » 18 Apr 2015 01:56

Roel wrote:
lollypop wrote:i chked 1 char, what was once an almost full BiS pvp mage
Really an impressive amount of work went into that character so you received the best character template... They rejected that server for 1:1 transfers but at least I was able to give you something. If you get the courage to look at the other characters, you can 100% confirm that purists have nothing to fear with this system :)

The thing is, 1:1 transfers are meant to bring an old character over. This system is meant to give new players a better start if they already put effort in characters at other servers. They will still have to work at TW to get the best gear which takes time, but that's exactly what we need to keep them interested. Most are happy that they don't need to start at lvl 1 again.

Starting to feel like I am repeating myself :roll:
Ya, i know, is np, wasn't complaining. Just sayin'

yubashiri

#132 » Post by yubashiri » 18 Apr 2015 10:53

Roel wrote:
yubashiri wrote:my first server still have my lock and they are moving to cata soon and I don't wanna loose it (I have shit equipment but it was my first toon in wow [emoji14]) I requested the transfer, hope I got it :D
I accepted that server and already gave you an 80 with starting gear (buy it with the emblems).

On a side note. People are submitting screenshots from retail through imgur but I am getting a lot "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available". I don't know exactly what's going on but I suggest using a different image host so you can get accepted on the first request.
in less than 1 hour, thank you so much!
You Are Not Prepared

vestara

#133 » Post by vestara » 18 Apr 2015 12:57

I noticed that in the case of retail transfers (maybe others) they are given 600 EOH. Which results in a character missing several pieces of gear,such as rings,boots,wrist,wand for lock priest and mage, and cloak.Was this intentional or an oversight? as this isn't really a starter set,more like half of one. Other than that,glad to see retail transfers are now possible.

Roel
Founder

#134 » Post by Roel » 18 Apr 2015 13:08

vestara wrote:I noticed that in the case of retail transfers (maybe others) they are given 600 EOH. Which results in a character missing several pieces of gear,such as rings,boots,wrist,wand for lock priest and mage, and cloak.Was this intentional or an oversight? as this isn't really a starter set,more like half of one. Other than that,glad to see retail transfers are now possible.
Yes it's really intended as starter set and should be of similar quality as someone that just leveled to 80. It might be missing some items but the T7 2pc and some of the other items balance that out, normally a starter 80 only has green/blue items.

yubashiri

Re: Retail transfers and many more servers allowed

#135 » Post by yubashiri » 18 Apr 2015 14:33

off topic, where I get main set with heroism emblems for lock? I only find off set
You Are Not Prepared