The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Primal: The Ironman Challenge.

#121 » Post by Errorista » 13 Jan 2017 18:35

MattyEh wrote:Ding

http://imgur.com/a/p78gS
woooo, well done!

EDIT: updated list again

timeconsumer

#122 » Post by timeconsumer » 13 Jan 2017 22:38

MattyEh wrote:Ding

http://imgur.com/a/p78gS
Big grats!

And on a more solemn note, RIP Ironzusa. You were so young....
Preaux - PrimalWoW

MattyEh

#123 » Post by MattyEh » 17 Jan 2017 03:49

Can't get too settled, add Ironstabbi to the list. Going to do Rogue and Warrior at the same time so I can just chip away at rested exp.

I've had a few conversations where people agree Rogue is going to be the hardest class, but warrior isn't going too smoothly lol, I constantly feel in danger and the warrior is only 15.

timeconsumer

#124 » Post by timeconsumer » 18 Jan 2017 15:47

MattyEh wrote:Can't get too settled, add Ironstabbi to the list. Going to do Rogue and Warrior at the same time so I can just chip away at rested exp.

I've had a few conversations where people agree Rogue is going to be the hardest class, but warrior isn't going too smoothly lol, I constantly feel in danger and the warrior is only 15.
Yeah, I would imagine rogue, priest, and warrior to be the three hardest.

I don't know how you still have the energy to keep going at it.
Preaux - PrimalWoW

Jiranthos
Admin

#125 » Post by Jiranthos » 18 Jan 2017 16:27

timeconsumer wrote:
MattyEh wrote:Can't get too settled, add Ironstabbi to the list. Going to do Rogue and Warrior at the same time so I can just chip away at rested exp.

Yeah, I would imagine rogue, priest, and warrior to be the three hardest.

I don't know how you still have the energy to keep going at it.
Pretty sure if Abbi couldn't be first to be Bloodthirsty, Abbi wants to be first with two Bloodthirsties, or first with hard classes. :P Competitive spirit.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

venzel

#126 » Post by venzel » 21 Jan 2017 12:22

Hello, I skimmed through the posts on this thread, but I couldn't find an answer; you mentioned that warlocks can use healthstones, but what about soulstones? Does dying while having a soulstone on myself (as a warlock, of course) count as a disqualification?
Also, are glyphs allowed?

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#127 » Post by Errorista » 21 Jan 2017 13:32

venzel wrote:Hello, I skimmed through the posts on this thread, but I couldn't find an answer; you mentioned that warlocks can use healthstones, but what about soulstones? Does dying while having a soulstone on myself (as a warlock, of course) count as a disqualification?
Also, are glyphs allowed?
there is no Inscription on PW

Death is death, Soulstone or not

.Venna
Donor

#128 » Post by .Venna » 23 Jan 2017 03:29

I'm back, guys. Thanks to Errorista for keeping things going while I was unavailable. Welcome newbies!! Sad for those who died. Updated first page post.

Do people think that Ironman is harder, or Bloodthirsty?
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

timeconsumer

#129 » Post by timeconsumer » 24 Jan 2017 13:37

.Venna wrote:I'm back, guys. Thanks to Errorista for keeping things going while I was unavailable. Welcome newbies!! Sad for those who died. Updated first page post.

Do people think that Ironman is harder, or Bloodthirsty?
Welcome back.

My take is that they are of equal difficulty. However Bloodthirsty is a safer route. Quests can get you into dicey situations in which you are more likely to die. While grinding you have more control over what you pull. Bloodthirsty is just far more tedious, it gets really boring killing the same mobs over and over and over. Kind of like the emu war.

Of course involving some quests in your bloodthirsty is a good idea. Leveling Hope I did 74 quests.
Preaux - PrimalWoW

.vlad0002

#130 » Post by .vlad0002 » 07 Feb 2017 10:24

Where do I see the list of challangers ? And do I have to be notificated to know I can start thr challange ?

milanlord

#131 » Post by milanlord » 07 Feb 2017 10:49

.vlad0002 wrote:Where do I see the list of challangers ? And do I have to be notificated to know I can start thr challange ?
Just click on the 1st page of this topic, scroll down a bit, 3rd or 4th post is the list of challengers. You can start now, but its important that you registered yourself here, so that they can add you to the list and track your progress :)
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

dragonralith

#132 » Post by dragonralith » 11 Feb 2017 15:39

voneriksson wrote:Will the mount reward go to my main if i complete the challange ironman?
You can specify which toon you would like to receive the mount:
Contenders who are judged to complete the challenge successfully will be rewarded with the [Reins of the Bengal Tiger] on a character they nominate on the PrimalWow Server.

.Venna
Donor

#133 » Post by .Venna » 13 Feb 2017 01:05

Updated. Welcome all the new people!!
  • A point of interest: Primal is moving to Burning Crusade in June and about a month or two prior to this there will be a pre-patch. Once this patch drops the criteria for Ironman will move to the next level and toons will be required to achieve level 70. (This means there can be no Ironmen during the period pre-patch to BC proper dropping).
If anyone has a little sympathy to spare - my fourth character trying for this title died to the Undercity Elevator Boss. I am now trying a warlock.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

timeconsumer

#134 » Post by timeconsumer » 13 Feb 2017 02:24

Must be that Aus ping Dana....
Preaux - PrimalWoW

dragonralith

#135 » Post by dragonralith » 13 Feb 2017 03:20

Feraday died! New attempt:

Feranite, NE Druid