Solo queue arena on TrueWow

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Justicelight
Former Staff

Solo queue arena on TrueWow

Post#1 » 08 Jan 2017 02:31

What you guys think about having Solo queue arena on TrueWoW?

Features

1. Everyone can queue only when their gear is fully enchanted/gemmed.
2. After a while, MMR will extend to get faster call for game.
3. Matching should be done with healer / dps / dps. (healer / healer / dps might be ok too, but only if we have lots of healers).
4. Rewards should be Pets/Mounts, fancy TruePvPer forum rank (need ideas for this one).
5. To be able to enter the soloque, you should win a bg in that day (could tie it with daily AP gained from first bg win).

Gear differences issue fix

Normalization buff: this can be a buff that players will get inside arena that will reduce player stats . This way, lower geared players will lose less than full geared players.
10% reduction buff will affect overall stamina+resilience and class specific:
- warriors: -5% strength/5% agility
- retri, dk: -10% strength
- rogue, feral, enha, hunters: -10% agility
- spriest, boomkin, ele, warlock, mages: -5%haste/-5% spellpower
-resto dudu, rsham, hpala, disc: -10% spellpower
This section can be discussed.

Only an opinion, the main idea is to try Soloque on TW, kinda rated skirmish mode but it can work only if you enable it in crossfaction mode.

"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Eronox
Donor

Re: Solo queue arena on TrueWow

Post#2 » 08 Jan 2017 02:36

Like a 1v1 system?

Oh, I'd love such a feature! But it would require hella' amount of work to make it proper and actual enyoyable since the difference of classes. Your suggestions to retain this is good, but there's so much to it
“See yourself. You are the steps you take. You and you, and that's the only way.
Shake, shake yourself. You're every move you make, and so the story goes.”
- A owner of a Lonely Heart

Nyeriah
Admin

Post#3 » 08 Jan 2017 02:45

Eronox wrote:Like a 1v1 system?

No, you qeueu solo and get matched with partners (like skirmish).
Spoiler:

Are you a development enthusiast? Or perhaps just curious to know what scripts are made of? Check out my learning initiative! [The Developer's Den: Progressive Development Learning Project]
Last: Core Scripting: Practice: Scripting a Simple Creature (25.11.2016)

The first volume of the Starter's Development Guide is complete! DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Tag along my YouTube channel to check what I've worked on lately and other fun things. I'll also occasionally post sneak peaks of what I'm currently scripting! Last: Development Series - C'thun's Giant Claw Tentacle Submerge Animation scripted!

Wanna support me? Buy me a chocolate!

May the night shroud me in shadow, and the moon illuminate my foes.

Justicelight
Former Staff

Post#4 » 08 Jan 2017 02:46

I ment to be 3vs3, but now, I think even a 1vs1 ladder would be nice lol.

First, we have to see how people accept the idea of Solo queueing, then we can see if it can be implemented as an 1vs1, 2vs2, or 3vs3 system. 1vs1 system, would created a whole new ladder.

"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Eronox
Donor

Post#5 » 08 Jan 2017 03:08

Nyeriah wrote:
Eronox wrote:Like a 1v1 system?

No, you qeueu solo and get matched with partners (like skirmish).

My interest remains intact :P
“See yourself. You are the steps you take. You and you, and that's the only way.
Shake, shake yourself. You're every move you make, and so the story goes.”
- A owner of a Lonely Heart

Imagine
Donor

Post#6 » 08 Jan 2017 03:49

why not 25 iccN ally vs horde ? seems more doable just find out how to do teams and thats it! Stormn kiled pvp long time ago face it wannabe wf gladiators (lets see who got butthut :P )

Brennus

Post#7 » 08 Jan 2017 05:25

I like the idea. Not blizzlike but it's something that will stimulate PvP here.
+1 from me! :D

nikkal
Donor

Post#8 » 08 Jan 2017 09:44

Ow yes please! Was about time someone suggested this!

Gnurg
Donor

Post#9 » 08 Jan 2017 10:56

I'd like this for 5v5 only. The bigger the teams, the less the gear imbalance matters and easier it would be to make balanced teams.

Match making should be focused on balance, rather than rating. i.e. when 10 people are in queue, you would sort by these criterias in following order:
1. (Mandatory) Same amount of healers, 1 or 2 on each team (More would be a bad idea).
2. (Optional) Same amount of ranged/melee
3. Try to make the average item level even without breaking 1 & 2. (i.e. switch the ranged players from each team).

Group queue obviously can't be done.

You could use the 5v5 team as rating holder, similar to how AT does it for their for solo queue, except we do 5v5, rather than 3v3. Disable the rating achievements for the 5v5 bracket (1550, 1750...), so no one would try to cheat it for easy rating. Rating in this queue serves no purpose besides some extra AP towards the end of each arena flush. I don't really see why you want to add extra rewards for queueing, getting to easily play 5v5 while getting your weekly arena points sound more than enough to me (pet and forum titles are unnecessary). Maybe if this gets very active, you can consider additional rewards, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cross-faction future for this would be very nice as it would speed up the queue and make it a lot easier to balance out the teams.

Last Man Standing could be reenabled once it's made sure that it's not easy to cheat in this future, due to the randomness of the teams. Cross-faction would make it much harder to cheat it.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Boxis
Donor

Post#10 » 08 Jan 2017 11:10

-1 for 5v5 +1 for 3v3 or eventually even 2v2.

5v5 is the most inbalanced and stupid ladder in my opinion for competitive playing, that's why Blizzard focused on 3v3 which is the most balanced of all 3.

No need to make it so complicated that people will lose interest. Simple solo-queuing with replacing 5v5 panel with it should be enough for start. Then it can be tweaked (if someone actually has the possibility of scripting it) according to players feedback.

Special rewards must be present, e.g. at the end of season top x% players receive some title or mount or pet ... Unfortunately you need to motivate people in order for such feature to be successful.

Overdozer

Post#11 » 08 Jan 2017 11:30

+1 for my senpai

benta

Post#12 » 08 Jan 2017 11:38

+1

Gnurg
Donor

Post#13 » 08 Jan 2017 11:40

Boxis wrote:5v5 is the most inbalanced and stupid ladder in my opinion for competitive playing, that's why Blizzard focused on 3v3 which is the most balanced of all 3.

You won't ever find a competitive ladder on TrueWoW. It's a casual place where the mediocre players, like myself, got a chance at doing well. In terms of balance, we have a mixed gear quality among the players (some with max ilvl, some around ilvl 264 and some below that item level), already ensuring unbalance (atleast considering it's harder to find a raid these days). Bringing all those into a 3v3 match will much more highlight the gear difference compared to if they did 5v5. You can't really use the high-level balance evaluation you got from your AT-experience, as while most teams have a battle plan with CC, gimping, etc. over on AT, here it's all about "Hey, lets kill the healer first" while throwing a stun or fear left and right.

In my opinion, focus on creating a fun, rather than competitive, environment regardless of gear.

Boxis wrote:No need to make it so complicated that people will lose interest. Simple solo-queuing with replacing 5v5 panel with it should be enough for start. Then it can be tweaked (if someone actually has the possibility to script it) according to players feedback.

If it's supposed to be 3v3, you can replace the 3v3 panel. It's not like ranked 3v3 team matches are being played anyways.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Regent
Donor

Post#14 » 08 Jan 2017 12:17

I'm all for it if it gets applied only for the 3v3 bracket since it is, in fact, the most balanced bracket according to Ghostcrawler (guy who worked on WOTLK class balancing at Blizzard).
There's no point in making it for 2v2 or 5v5, in my opinion.
Why 3v3?:
Spoiler:
Take a good look at all the class changes made from season 5 onward all the way to the end of season 8 and you'll see that they're designed with the 3v3 bracket in mind (Examples: Nerfs to DKs / Ret paladins / Warriors / other classes / Nerf to Armor pen stat / Buffs to healers / etc etc).
These changes often had side effects in 2v2 / BGs / even PvE which people always complained about but Blizzard catered heavily to the 3v3 crowd during the above-mentioned seasons.

If you want this to be a thing here, please make sure it has safeguards against leavers, like a debuff or something (especially for people who just take 1 glance at the opposing team and instantly leave or do /afk or refuse to participate by letting themselves die - without even trying).
Leavers are already a plague upon BGs and that's unwanted for something as nice as this.

I personally loved it back on AT and if TW's staff thinks it's all right to have it here then that would be lovely too.

+1 for 3v3 Solo Queue.
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ancestor

Post#15 » 08 Jan 2017 12:20

+1

Return to “Suggestions”